Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just sharing a few picts of the lip I put on today. Seems to be attached solid. If it loses its shape, than I will just remove . Main reason was to fill in the center recessed area. I will give it a few days and decide if I like it or not. $20.00 bucks, no harm , no foul.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Just sharing a few picts of the lip I put on today. Seems to be attached solid. If it loses its shape, than I will just remove . Main reason was to fill in the center recessed area. I will give it a few days and decide if I like it or not. $20.00 bucks, no harm , no foul.
Looks pretty decent.

Link?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All over Amazon and ebay. "Carbon fiber flex lip". The key is in the prep ( clean bumper and use the included 3m bonding accelerator.) and also cutting MANY angle cuts into the strip ( in the curve/corner/bend ) areas. That way you get a nice level, flush finish.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol.... I didn't think I needed to point out that it wasn't real carbon fiber for $20...ha ha ha ha ha... I seriously laughed out loud at that one , not just using the acronym. It's faux carbon fiber. yes, I wish I can get a one and a half inch wide lip of carbon fiber that perfectly forms to my front bumper too, but........ It ain't happening.MGMGXP. your description is giving it way too much credit. It's nothing more than a slab of rubber. With clear coat vinyl over it.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update over two weeks. Product is holding up great! The only issue I have is.... You cant use any oil, or rub the rubber with any silicone or petroleum product. I rubbed a small piece of leftover material to test.. And - grease, oil, wd 40, Vaseline, took the finish off. Soap and water to clean is what I recommend.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts