Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around the forum for a bit now and I still haven't seen anyone cover it. I was woundering what everyone thought about making carbon fiber panels for the g8. Or if anyone has done it before and how much of a weight reduction it made. I'm very interested in doing this way down the road.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have been looking around the forum for a bit now and I still haven't seen anyone cover it. I was woundering what everyone thought about making carbon fiber panels for the g8. Or if anyone has done it before and how much of a weight reduction it made. I'm very interested in doing this way down the road.

What panels are you thinking of? The cost of making these panels is incredibly high and market is very small. I think the odds of it are very low as the risk is pretty high for a business owner. If you are thinking about front end panels, fenders, bumper, one piece front, etc. you are likely going to be on your own to make them. In my opinion there is much easier and more cost effective ways to save the weight. You would have to be pretty far down the hole of a purpose built race car for it to become a "logical" step for weight reduction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree and I know that it would be a huge risk for any company to go about making these panels for sale. I love body modifications on cars and I also enjoy the look of the g8 and Commodore. I was woundering if anyone has thought about doing this for their build because I am thinking of doing it myself down the road.

·
every village has one
2,118 Posts
Keep in mind that “way down the road” also applies to where these cars will be by then...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
rockinlespaul
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing