Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you are all doing ok. As most of you guys know I went to the dark side 5.0 :driving: Me 5.0 and my buddy in his white zl1 from San Diego are planning on going to Cars and Coffee Irvine February 23rd, 2013. Im Trying to get a good crowd to go with us or meet us there. For old times sake :) we can meet up at the target parking lot section g8 if you'd like?

Ford - Mazda Campus: Cars & Coffee
16 reviews Rating Details
Category: Automotive [Edit]
7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

Google for more info :pir_flag:

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Hey what's going on Julian, dang it's been a while, nice color right there, is that still called Dark Shadow Grey ? very similar color to my old 2003 Mach1, I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I don't know the exact color name lol yeah it's been a while. Hopefully we can get a good crowd to go if not it will be cool with you, my buddy from work and me :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Whoah, blast from the past! Good to hear from you, Julian. I may be able to make it up there. Have some things that may be going on that day, but the morning might be open if we can get a few more G8's going.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Julian, how you been? Sounds pretty interesting I might have to go if I can get my car fixed by then.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Vince! what up my friend. I really hope to see you big dog :) should be fun.
Still think I can do this. Hey, my car just went over 100K miles today! Love driving this thing. :driving:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Julian, how you been? Sounds pretty interesting I might have to go if I can get my car fixed by then.
I've been good laying low for a bit but I'm back :):pir_flag: well hope you can make it. It should be fun.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still think I can do this. Hey, my car just went over 100K miles today! Love driving this thing. :driving:
Awesome Vince...

·
Registered
113 Posts
The 23rd of Feb. sounds good to me too. Another Irvine G8 GT owner checking in and hope to see all you guys there. Long time no see Vince, Julian, Dario. Maybe more OC G8's will checkin and meet At Taget, Irvine Spectrum, 6:15 to 6:30ish. Then a carravan over to C and C. Park by 7 AM.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The 23rd of Feb. sounds good to me too. Another Irvine G8 GT owner checking in and hope to see all you guys there. Long time no see Vince, Julian, Dario. Maybe more OC G8's will checkin and meet At Taget, Irvine Spectrum, 6:15 to 6:30ish. Then a carravan over to C and C. Park by 7 AM.
Hey Bob! Did anyone check to make sure this isn't one of the weekends where they have their car show up off of Ortega?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just checked the C and C Irvine website. No mention on their web site of any changes for the 23rd meet on that Saturday. Let's all assume it"s a go, and some cool cars show up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey guys, It's been a very long time. I'm still stuck back here in Ohio, but at least we have some OPEN drag strips around here. The G8 hasn't been out to the track, but the 63 sure has. I've also been putting a big bunch of miles on mine since its now the daily driver. These things do get faster with accumulation of some miles. No troubles at all except for the famous LCA after the first winter here.

Who is gonna get an SS? I will if they do a manual, which I still think will happen after all the bitchin over the last coudple of days.

I'll be back out there one of these days.

I've also taken up a new (old) hobby .... photography because there is a bunch of car stuff going on in the midwest. Just not in Columbus.

Dream Cruise 2012

http://youtu.be/8Hn-Ai1TZeI

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hey guys, It's been a very long time. I'm still stuck back here in Ohio, but at least we have some OPEN drag strips around here. The G8 hasn't been out to the track, but the 63 sure has. I've also been putting a big bunch of miles on mine since its now the daily driver. These things do get faster with accumulation of some miles. No troubles at all except for the famous LCA after the first winter here.

Who is gonna get an SS? I will if they do a manual, which I still think will happen after all the bitchin over the last coudple of days.

I'll be back out there one of these days.

I've also taken up a new (old) hobby .... photography because there is a bunch of car stuff going on in the midwest. Just not in Columbus.

Dream Cruise 2012

http://youtu.be/8Hn-Ai1TZeI
Hey Scott! Definitely been a while. Glad to see you're still around. My car hasn't seen a track in a long time.

I doubt they bring the SS in a manual. Personally, I like it, but I think the front looks too bland/boring. I also don't care for the speedo and tach treatment they did. And why couldn't they come up with better looking wheels?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Scott! Definitely been a while. Glad to see you're still around. My car hasn't seen a track in a long time.

I doubt they bring the SS in a manual. Personally, I like it, but I think the front looks too bland/boring. I also don't care for the speedo and tach treatment they did. And why couldn't they come up with better looking wheels?
At my age, one never knows! My mom has Alzheimer's and we just put my dad into a nursing home so it's gonna get worse around here before it gets better.

Regarding the SS ... there's a huge email campaign underway to GM and a number of people have actually gotten phone calls back from folks at GM. All the engineering work has been long done (GXP) or almost done except for some cosmetics with the new console and left hand drive. A manual is going to be offered in the new SS-V but for right hand drive. From what I understand is that GM is looking at this for a running change during the 2014 model year.

After all, they had a take rate of 46% manual on the GXP, which is way higher than any other sedan that I know of. M5 is only 15% and regular 3 and 5 series around 5%.

As we all know, a manual wasn't offered on the GT, but I'd think that a take rate of 30%+ wouldn't be at all surprising.

I probably won't do much at the drag strip anymore with the G8, but this si getting my attention big time

http://www.youtube.com/user/purestockdrags

It's an old age thing .... thinking of the hundreds if not thousands of hours I've spent at the track doing exactly this in this vintage of cars. I just want to get the 63 running a few 10ths better and I will be happy.

http://youtu.be/BhiVY_qseNM

And some of these old guys shift like a wild man. They get away with all kinds of s**t in this series (such as where's your helmet Chuckie?)

And god gawd, he's shifting that old 409 at 7,000 and coming through the traps at 7,000 thanks to his 4.56. One missed shift and kaBOOM.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Weather looks like it should be good tomorrow. Bob and Julian, I should be at the G8 section of the Target parking lot between 6:15 and 6:30 tomorrow morning.

·
218 Posts
Ok, was originally supposed to be in Tahoe, but that didn't happen, so i am in.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts