Pontiac G8 Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
GXP'd PBM GT 2009.5
482 Posts
I can't stand glenn beck but I clicked through on this from the previous video out of curiosity and it's worth a watch to show how BIG BROTHER wants to own us all! The video title is a little deceiving, but legally speaking it's right on...Government Notice: your ass is ours!...scary stuff!

Glenn Beck: Cash For Clunkers is a government scam to gain access to your computer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqfuZ7hiap0

·
Registered
28 Posts
^^ I am pretty liberal (for someone who drives a 6.0 V8) and despise Glenn beck but damn, epic fail on the part of cars.gov someone outta rewrite that and reassure us its not as evil as it sounds (unless it is). I just dont like how Fox news has to make all news sounds like the world is ending! brrr gives me the willies

IMO, liberals said Bush would destroy America, its still here, conservatives are saying Obama is destroying america, i think we will survive..... If he does thaaat bad a job we can boot him (as well as congress) out next round and pick his exact opposite to reverse his policies. Democracy FTW

·
Registered
388 Posts
IMO, liberals said Bush would destroy America, its still here, conservatives are saying Obama is destroying america, i think we will survive..... If he does thaaat bad a job we can boot him (as well as congress) out next round and pick his exact opposite to reverse his policies. Democracy FTW
Right, which is starting to become like deciding which way you prefer prison sex.. from the front or back.

A more than 2 party Democracy FTW

·
Registered
250 Posts
I usually say "screw the poor, they are only poor because they don't work hard in this country" but, I have to say Ole Ron Paul has it right, the poor really are getting screwed on this one! I am with you on more than One party but, the independents have to step up and somehow get someone up there that will garner enough votes to keep us from having to vote for the republican just to keep an ******* bleedin heart friggin liberal from gettin in there.
FAIR TAX!!! DOWN WITH THE IRS!!! Take away the ability to play with taxes and take away the power of politicians in general!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
That is terrible! there were several cars that someone could afford to drive and had 100000 more miles in them in that video! why the hell do they feel like they have to call out ford and Chevy there too? ******* must be a Honda driver!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Right, which is starting to become like deciding which way you prefer prison sex.. from the front or back.

A more than 2 party Democracy FTW
OMG, I can't get past this. I think I shot pop out my nose when I read this and can't stop laughing. :gr_jest:

It is appropriate when it comes to politics now. Sorry your goin to get screwed, just pick which way you want it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A free market perspective on this, what they call, representative legislation:

http://mises.org/story/3568

That said, I've come to the conclusion that the 'green freaks' are nothing more than religious zealots who has simply refused to warship a monotheistic deity in favor of 'gaia' or 'mother earth' if you will (I'm making the point that these 'green zealots think they are scientists, but, they actually exhibit the traits of the Spanish inquisition, on the best of days).

If one buys a 'green' car today... there is an input cost to producing this car. i.e. there is environmental damage from doing so -- I mean last time I checked even the Prius plant has a smoke stack. Thus I fail to see how destroying a car that has ALREADY BEEN PRODUCED and replacing it with a brand new car helps the environment despite the fact it's scored an additional 4 to 10 MPG (very subjective measurements btw).

I drive a GTO.

When I do drive it and race it... I get 8 MPG (maybe? not that I scientifically measured)

All other times, I'm scoring above 20 (absolutely valid, and measured)...

Major point also, I walk to work, thus on a weekly basis I use perhaps a max of 2 gallons of fuel vs the tree huger commuting an hour in their insight (hint they're using more than 2 gallons).

I maintain the car

And in 6th gear going at 85 MPH, I'm scoring better fuel economy than my friends prius (ok, perhaps not so much a study of the cars, but, definitely a study of how driving habits can change the MPG rating).

Point being...

If these green zealots would realize that:

Reduce
Reuse
Recycle

has an ORDER of importance.

You are best serving the environment by 'reducing', next by 'reusing' and least by recycling.

Apparently our Federal government has tossed out 'reducing' and 'reusing' -- ffs they are mandating that dealers poor what is effectively window degreaser into the crank case of a PERFECTLY good engine such that you can't even salvage a drive train out of these so called 'clunkers'. Btw, this is why the poor are so getting screwed on this. They are the ones who would love to buy a 'clunker', unfortunately, thanks to O'Bama the minimum price has effectively been set at $3500 to $4500 when it was previously set far lower (i.e. $500 OBO price). And what is laughable... in perhaps a year or two from now, the central planners will mandate an increase in minimum wage because the 'poor' can't afford a car! Lovely the world improvers create a problem in order that they can 'fix' it.

I digress... I'm ranting...

IF only the green movement had a few 'conservationists' and a few less 'environmentalists' we'd be much better off....

Oh, and don't get me into the economics of the 'cash for clunkers'... this 'boom' in sales will last EXACTLY as long as the stimulus lasts...

I predict without a 'Cash for Clunkers v 2.0' next year, 2010 will be a very slow year in auto sales...

alas.... here's the horrific truth, because of this fact, once a 'stimulus' comes into existence, it transforms from a one time stimulus to a 'permanent law'.

At any rate, the 'baptists and bootleggers' have screwed us again (read article posted above for reference).

Naive Environmentalists == Baptists
Auto makers and Dealers == Bootleggers

One day when I'm not drinking I will post in proper sentences and paragraphs as opposed to rants; sadly my 2 year old and 4 month old daughters will be paying for this cash for clunkers nonsense (we ourselves certainly aren't since O'Bama is running what appears to be a $1.8T deficit to shrink it to $1T in 8 years - LMFAO and the pinkos thought the train wreck Bush was a spendthrift? I can't believe I reminisce for the the days of $500B deficits -- only last year), among the other nonsense being legislated these days -- afford me a drink, I'd go absolutely nuts without one.

Final thought, notice how all the central planners and 'world improver' finance this nonsense by subjugating those who are not legally allowed to vote to have to pay for all this nonsense (i.e. the young and the unborn: the frighteningly high taxes here don't even cover 1/5th the budget any more).

/rant

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Ummm. Got news for you, the economy is NOT doing as good as you think. I work for the rail road and we are the best gauge there is for the economy. When the economy is good our yard is full, extra trains are called, everyone is working, they're hiring like crazy. Right now our yard is 3/4 empty, there is 1 coal train a week instead of 3 a day, crews are sitting home and not working but maybe 1 day a week. Lumber deliveries are WAY down which means new houses aren't being built. And not only aren't they hiring but lay offs are being talked about. This is the oposit of what a good economy looks like.

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
STIGUY actually make contributions to the forums to get your post count up, not bumping 5+ year old threads in order to most likely sell something. ****ing idiot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
stiguy actually make contributions to the forums to get your post count up, not bumping 5+ year old threads in order to most likely sell something. ****ing idiot.
you hit it right on the head

all... I am going to be selling my gxp.. The original livernois shop car... Search my threads and you will find the original sale thread from livernois. I'm going to list at $39,999.00

does anyone know how to get by the required 40 posts to make a listing? I don't have time or interest to make a sensible comment 40 times. I am a lurker, not a poster. I already tried messaging a moderator with no response.

I'm local to metro detroit.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Ummm. Got news for you, the economy is NOT doing as good as you think. I work for the rail road and we are the best gauge there is for the economy. When the economy is good our yard is full, extra trains are called, everyone is working, they're hiring like crazy. Right now our yard is 3/4 empty, there is 1 coal train a week instead of 3 a day, crews are sitting home and not working but maybe 1 day a week. Lumber deliveries are WAY down which means new houses aren't being built. And not only aren't they hiring but lay offs are being talked about. This is the oposit of what a good economy looks like.
Your observations are common sense and connected to the gut feeling on the part of many Americans, Canadians who feel that something is fundamentally wrong. I hope that this Trans Pacific Partnership gets shot down soon. It is only there to make bigger corporate interests exert political control and wind out profit margins for their shareholders.
This is what happens when an economy moves away from innovation and manufacturing for its own market. Meanwhile, the incumbents or new candidates from any party and the accounting firms that rate bonds and debt are for sale as usual. The lack of financial reporting integrity and investment banking run amuck has definitely come home hard. For select individuals and business entities, rule of law and general accounting principles have been bypassed. John Corzine, chairman of the defunct MF Global is still walking the streets after $6 Billion of client money got sucked into a margin call on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
He was Obama's biggest contributor for 2008. Obama got bought up just like many in a long succession of political figureheads. This $for clunkers program was a prop for getting people into showrooms after the American Auto industry finance arms were completely bankrupt, excepting Ford Corporation. Looking back at 2008 into 7 years later, there are handfuls of Lehman Bros. type debt bombs about to go off. $800 Billion won't pay out the Wizard of OZ this time around Dorothy. Go ahead and bar the door Katy, it won't matter when the failed derivatives market tornado comes along and sucks up the whole barn. The train yard does not lie.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
To further jackalope's and FMQ's comments,
I drive for a courier and cannot remember the last time I picked up from a company that actually produced what they were shipping, vast majority of goods come out of a shipping container is relabelled and loaded on my trailer.
Part-time I drive for a brewery, when delivering loads you can tell the economy of a town by what beer was delivered: Premium brands - towns doing good, 24 for $24 brands - towns not doing so good. 24 for $24 passed Premium long ago.

And if we're going to rant the Ontario Drive Clean Program much like the Cash for Clunkers Program is another excuse to suck tax dollars out of our jeans and push people into car lots, and now that the sniff test is failing to produce the desired revenues they have switched to a Code Scan test.
My sons Duramax was a visual test. The tester looked at his exhaust pipe for 3 mins, if he didn't see any black or white smoke....Pass....that was $35 plus tax....OR replace your vehicle.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts