Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been bad about keeping track and having chronological pictures of my previous cars, so I figured I should do better on this one.

This is how I bought it in May. Stock internals, Kooks 1 7/8s LTs, Solo Mach shorty, PatG engine and trans tune, H+R springs, Avant Garde 19s, and base tails.

A month later it got a BTR Stage 2 N/A LS3 cam (225/238 .612"/.585" 113+3 3 bolt). Accompanied that with standard stuff... GM perf lifters, BTR 660 springs, hollow valves, APR bolts and studs. OE gaskets, high volume oil pump, timing chain, and timing cover. Unrelated, but it got an AC tensioner at the same time. Work was done by a local, reputable shop. Trans tune was left alone as the tuner and I agreed Pat had done a plenty good job on that.

Pictures I took on the 4th. Only visual differences are black 4" tips and I cleaned up the driverside headlight fogging. Car was ceramic coated before I bought it so I went through more sand paper disks than expected and haven't gotten to the passenger side yet.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Car looks amazing and keep up the good work regarding "tastefully done" modifications. However, was unable to get the second YouTube video to play.

·
F1rehawk
628 Posts
Awesome picture, tasteful mods and beautiful car. Which camera are you using?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love that blue looked at one in the show room in 2009 $31,000 for a GT I should’ve took that joker home then instead I waited until 2012 and got a GT and paid 21,000 with 40,000 miles and some previous damage which was repaired but not listed on the Carfax. Oh yeah and I found out after I bought it it used to be a rental car but all in all the car was very solid

·
Registered
85 Posts
Love that blue looked at one in the show room in 2009 $31,000 for a GT I should’ve took that joker home then instead I waited until 2012 and got a GT and paid 21,000 with 40,000 miles and some previous damage which was repaired but not listed on the Carfax. Oh yeah and I found out after I bought it it used to be a rental car but all in all the car was very solid
Same. I was pretty close to trading up from an '08 Grand Prix to an IOM GT. Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome picture, tasteful mods and beautiful car. Which camera are you using?

Hey, sorry I never got the emails for this thread. It's an old Rebel T3 I scored for $50 a while back. Obviously not a photographer, but I still enjoy learning my way around it.

Been there before. When I saw this one pop up with a good history I knew I shouldn't hesitate.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Nice. Gotta love Pat G 🙂

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Hey, sorry I never got the emails for this thread...
Try going to thread tools, subscribe to thread, instant notification by email, and add subscription.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
PONY MAN
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing