Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help with my catch can problem.. started the car the other day and a puff of white smoke came out exhaust followed by small amounts of white smoke as if it were a cold day. checked the catch can it was full emptied and 5 days later its full again. did compression test and all cylinders were between 150-153. all spark plugs were dry and looked good. around the threads there was some oil. electrodes were dry.

now to firgure out the catch can problem. iv had a can for abut 2 years and never filled this fast. im thinking that when i changed the valve covers something happened. any input?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
790 Posts
You need to add baffling to the valve cover or constrict the hose coming from the back of the cover with an orifice like the stock covers have.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
**** I figured it was something like that now I gota figure out how to restrict it

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
Yup been there done that :)

You need to put a restrictor in line. I used 12567915 ;)
-Greg

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
U have a link where I can get it? Google didn't work

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Chevrolet Performance Par
711 Posts
Thanks Zep :)
I just spoke with him and referred him to just pick one up from the local dealer since it is only about a 3.00 part and shipping would end up being about 2x that.

It is just the 2009 GT valve cover replacement PCV nipple. It is an updated on from stock I think.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do you still need the restrictor if the car has a DOD delete and no longer pulls from the drivers rear valve cover? I just picked up a set of Holley vavle covers but have not installed them yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts