Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have one of the cheap ebay catch can and it was full of a water/ fuel mix. its been on 2 weeks and it was full. i have it comming in from the back of the engine on drivers side. and going in to the front of left side. i have the cold air intake nipple blocked off and its also blocked off from where the driverside tube went into the throttle body. what did I do wrong? :frown2:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I left my throttle body tube intact when I ran mine. The catch can will keep the oil vapour out of there so don't block it off in my opinion. You should also list mods whenever you go on the forum so that people will get a reference to what config you have. All that I ever got for mine was oil vapour condensates with whatever moisture content made it way out from boil off. If you think that its fuel vapour condensing I highly doubt that because of its low boiling point. See if it lights up when you take off the can next time and verify that low flashpoint ignition.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
Why would you block off the PCV inlet? You should have that line hooked up so air can get into the motor.

Does the dipstick smell like gas too?

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the MM Instructions. it helped. It was the PVC blocked off. i had a line crossed . the intake was going into the valve cover and i put the oil catch can inline out of the rear valve cover. i just changed it to the small u tube under the throttle body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts