Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On the G8 V6 the Fresh Air Supply Line (green) runs from the intake tube in front of the throttle blade to the crankcase, entry point to crankcase is on USA drivers side valve cover at the rear.
On the G8 V6 the stale oily air (red) comes out of the rear of the USA passenger side valve cover where the PCV orifice (restrictor) is located.

On the G8 V8 the Fresh Air Supply line (green) runs to the USA passengers side valve cover at the front.
On the G8 V8 the stale oily air (red) comes out of the rear of the USA drivers side valve cover where the PCV orifice (restrictor) is located.
Stale oily air always runs to the

Read the GM Service Manual description above. During abnormal conditions there will be "backflow".
I'd imagine coming hard off the throttle could be one "abnormal condition" where you'd have more pressure inside the crankcase than in the air intake tube in front of the closed throttle blade. You're trapping things with your current install only when there's a backflow or reversion of the normal fresh air flow direction.
Disconnect both your current lines from your catchcan and have someone rev the engine up and down while you hold a finger over the end of both your lines, you'll soon tell from slight suction or slight pressure on your finger which way the air flow is during various conditions.
. Thanks for the help. You really know your stuff. I can always count on this board.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hate to dig up a old post but this has been the best info i have been able to find to install a catch can just need a clarification. basically this is how i will route mine from the usa pass side to the in on the catch can then from the out to the y tube assembly that goes into the intake manifold. is this right/ or is there a better way to run it for that side?

·
out front & pulling away
208 Posts
We were fortunate to have HSV-GTS-300, the Great Crazy Paul posting his very informative posts. It is a pleasant surprise to come across one while in the "archives."

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
11 Participants
move-over
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing