Pontiac G8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start by saying I don't know a whole lot about fixing cars lol Anyways my CEL came on a while back and had the code pulled and it said evap leak. I found out about the gas cap problem and got the new one and reset the code and all seemed fine.

A few days ago it came back on. I also noticed a clicking or zipping sound when I accelerate at higher speeds(45-70) It sounds like its coming from the drivers side close to the cab of the car. It doesn't make the noise when I rev it in netural and only seems to happen when the car is warmed up.

Thanks in advance with any help on this issue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a clicking noise in my engine bay but only when im in 4 cyl mode

·
Registered
63 Posts
O2 sensor would be lucky. It could be a fuel supply issue; something with an injector or the pump. I don't know how this would relate to the clicking noise though.

If you take it to a shop, they should be able to verify if it's the O2 sensor or something else. They can read the voltage the O2 sensor is putting out and compare it to what it's supposed to be. Technically you could do the same with the pump, but I don't know how easy it would be to do...I've never done it on a G8.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
p0171 is a lean code. 9 times out of 10 it means there is a vaccum leak somewhere. Is the PCV hose hooked up? Was the airbox taken apart at any time in the recent past?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Exhaust leaks usually have a ticking sound to them & could also cause a lean code.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
First let me start by saying I don't know a whole lot about fixing cars lol Anyways my CEL came on a while back and had the code pulled and it said evap leak. I found out about the gas cap problem and got the new one and reset the code and all seemed fine.

A few days ago it came back on. I also noticed a clicking or zipping sound when I accelerate at higher speeds(45-70) It sounds like its coming from the drivers side close to the cab of the car. It doesn't make the noise when I rev it in netural and only seems to happen when the car is warmed up.

Thanks in advance with any help on this issue.
Sorry to hear about your concerns. Have you been to a GM dealership for an official diagnosis? I would be more than happy to set up a visit for you. Feel free to send me a PM regarding this matter if you'd like!

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
There was about a 1/4 inch gap between the hose and the throttle body. Put it back in place tightened the clamp, reset the code and all is good in G8 land :)
Sorry to hear about your concerns. Have you been to a GM dealership for an official diagnosis? I would be more than happy to set up a visit for you. Feel free to send me a PM regarding this matter if you'd like!

William R.
GM Customer Care

Looks like he already figured his problem out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.