Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CEL on my stock 2009 GT randomly came on a few days ago. I took it to a friend who read the code as P2272, Oxygen sensor signal stuck lean bank 2 sensor 2.

It looks like that is the O2 sensor on the passenger side, behind the catalytic convertor...is that true? Is it easy to replace? Any idea what GM part number I would use to order a new one?

Is there anything else that I am missing?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't know which bank is which side of the car off the top of my head, but yes sensor 2 would be the downstream sensor (after the cat). Hopefully the issue is just your sensor, and not the cat itself. As in, is the sensor doing it's job and telling you that you have a bad cat. Nevertheless, I would still try the sensor first, much cheaper and easier.

Replacing: Easy to get to, and easy to install. Getting the old one out might be a bit of a pain depending on condition. Just be careful, and use either an 02 sensor socket, or a high quality wrench.

As for parts... The GM part number is 92068713, and here is the part: https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-213-4325-Original-Equipment-Heated/dp/B001KSEDYA/ref=sr_1_32?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1502106160&vehicle=2009-52-6613-39--1-6-7-8191-2561-1-1-2676--5-0&sr=1-32&ymm=2009:pontiac:g8&keywords=o2+sensor

Or you can get this one and save a few bucks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A79PU0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I installed 2 of the NTKs about a month ago with no issues. Looks identical to the OE part, even comes with the anti-seize on it already.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to just swap the sensors to make sure that was the issue at hand. The driver's side came out without issue but the passenger side took some persuading. I was able to remove the O2 sensor but the threads on the sensor are completely stripped and it appears that the threads in the hole are also since I can't get the good one to re-thread at all. Is this something that can be re-tapped? Any idea what size I would need. This is all new to me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually bought a thread chaser and did what I could. It wasn't good enough. Ended up going to the local muffler shop and having them cut out that section and weld in a new one with the bung. Waiting on the new O2 sensor to arrive. Hopefully it installs without issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts