Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a new center speaker option? I did a search and the one that people have used in the past has been discontinued. I'm looking for a plug and play speaker, much like the Polk's I bought for the doors...not looking to cut or drill anything.

Thanks guys!

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
Not sure about the depth, but I was going to try a Pioneer 3.5 to match brands with my door speakers. Maybe someone in the know can chime in. Subscribing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Sub'd

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just unplug it. I upgraded it and subsequently removed and sold it. It's simply not needed once you upgrade the rest of the speakers.

·
Texas state of mind...
1,139 Posts
Just unplug it. I upgraded it and subsequently removed and sold it. It's simply not needed once you upgrade the rest of the speakers.

Yup. It actually hurts the stereo separation. I said goodbye to all the dash speakers a while ago.

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Do any of you guys that have disconnected/removed the middle dash speaker use OnStar and/or Bluetooth via the CoStar product (which uses the OnStar audio)? If so, does OnStar/CoStar still work well?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump so someone can answer SublimeGT's question

·
Registered
455 Posts
maybe someone and you can split the cost and buy the pair one for each...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do any of you guys that have disconnected/removed the middle dash speaker use OnStar and/or Bluetooth via the CoStar product (which uses the OnStar audio)? If so, does OnStar/CoStar still work well?
Throw in a resistor, really easy and cheap fix. I still have my OnStar enabled, i dont really "use" it but it still works. By adding that $2 resistor all your doing is essentially stepping down the volume so its not blaring loud.

I would recommend this route over spending money on any aftermarket speaker.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
I unplugged mine a couple of days ago. Huge improvement! I won't be replacing it, just gunna leave it unplugged. Thanks!

·
Texas state of mind...
1,139 Posts
I unplugged mine a couple of days ago. Huge improvement! I won't be replacing it, just gunna leave it unplugged. Thanks!

Yup, I was resistant to do that at first, I even had a 16 ohm driver in there. It's STILL better to turn it OFF, it does nothing but ruin the stereo image. And in a car with true signal processing, it's worthless.

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts