Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring cleaning under the hood recently pulled off right right engine cover and noticed bare wire at O2 sensor plug.
Apparently this wire has been rubbing on the engine cover long enough to rub off the sheathing.
Bare wire was to close to plug to get tape around without much drama so my son suggested liquid tape.
Other son got a can of BLUEMAGIC brush-on electrical tape thru his GM dealership, not cheap $29 or so for two brush strokes to cover this bare wire but cheaper than replacing the O2 sensor if this wire eventually corroded thru.
Handy stuff to have around if you need it, and comes in many colors too.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Spring cleaning under the hood recently pulled off right right engine cover and noticed bare wire at O2 sensor plug.
Apparently this wire has been rubbing on the engine cover long enough to rub off the sheathing.
Bare wire was to close to plug to get tape around without much drama so my son suggested liquid tape.
Other son got a can of BLUEMAGIC brush-on electrical tape thru his GM dealership, not cheap $29 or so for two brush strokes to cover this bare wire but cheaper than replacing the O2 sensor if this wire eventually corroded thru.
Handy stuff to have around if you need it, and comes in many colors too.
Looked at mine I did not see anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts