Pontiac G8 Forum banner

What color do you want the trim around your windows and grills?

• I want it black!

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • I want it body color!!

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Leave it alone, chrome rocks!!!

Votes: 19 34.5%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dog Diggity
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl digs on chrome....she likes the plasti-chrome around the windows and grills, I think it's positively awful. What do you guys think?

Second question - answer with a reply in this thread - what do you think would be the best way to change the color of the window trim (and chrome around the grills) to body color or black?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think I'm going to change mine to black - at least the grille. Around the windows wouldn't be to bad to do, but the door handles would be the next problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I voted black because i'm planning on getting a black G8. It really depends on the body color though. The chrome trim would look great on a white and or black car, but wouldn't on other colors.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I can't imagine anything looking much better than the chrome.. at least until it starts peeling off, which hopefully won't happen.

·
Dog Diggity
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm going to change mine to black - at least the grille. Around the windows wouldn't be to bad to do, but the door handles would be the next problem.
Agreed, I like the understated look....I wonder what the best way would be to color the window and grill trim.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
181 Posts
It really depends on the body color though. The chrome trim would look great on a white and or black car, but wouldn't on other colors.
Don't agree with that. Chrome on my red rocket is awsome. Of course, I am an olf fart from the 60's when chrome was a bit more of the car that it is these days.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've seen guys use anything from self etching primer to sand blasting the coating off then painting. The door handles actually have a chrome like finish, but the window trim is just a shiny silver. They also make a trim tape that works really well.

Does anyone know if one of the lower models just has black? Looks like it would be a quick swap...

Agreed, I like the understated look....I wonder what the best way would be to color the window and grill trim.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
GM Holden Ltd
523 Posts
pretty sure the chrome is actually on metal, so shouldn't flake or peel.

i really like it against the red, we dont get any red/chrome options here in australia :(

if anyone was really keen on changing it, import the black surrounds from Holden. would need the 2 drip gutters and 4 door glass trims

·
Dog Diggity
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pretty sure the chrome is actually on metal, so shouldn't flake or peel.

i really like it against the red, we dont get any red/chrome options here in australia :(

if anyone was really keen on changing it, import the black surrounds from Holden. would need the 2 drip gutters and 4 door glass trims
How would I go about doing that?

This would certainly be the best idea, much better than trying to paint or refinish the stock pieces.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i hate chrome myself... that black hyperchrome is pretty cool though. i think it'd look pretty good in place of all that goofy chrome already on the car. i think it makes a classy and very smooth car look trashy.

·
AFM Master
1,323 Posts
I voted black. Black chrome would look good. Might be an expensive mod though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
G8 Ray
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing