Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much of a pita is this on these cars?

·
Registered
922 Posts
changing to stock ones same legnth or longer ones? i changed my studs to fit 15mm spacers and the fronts are really easy just turn and hammer out but the backs are a bitch. i forced mine out and damaged the threads but not where the lug nut screws on more so at the bottom.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
longer ones

did you remove your front barkes to do it or just hammer out the studs and slide the new ones in from the back?

what's involved out back?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I've been told you have to remove the axles to do the rears but haven't tried it myself. It would seem to me there would have to be someway to get them in the rear without pulling the axles but everyone says no.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I just changed my rear studs last weekend. I was putting on my rear Brembos. The studs will come out if you drill a access hole in the backing plate in between the caliper mouting holes. I used a 3/4 inch hole saw bit. Its tight but can be done. I used longer studs and 15mm spacers to clear rear Brembos with stock 19's. Front studs are easy as changing your brakes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just changed my rear studs last weekend. I was putting on my rear Brembos. The studs will come out if you drill a access hole in the backing plate in between the caliper mouting holes. I used a 3/4 inch hole saw bit. Its tight but can be done. I used longer studs and 15mm spacers to clear rear Brembos with stock 19's. Front studs are easy as changing your brakes.
Awesome thanks for the advice probably going to be doing this were did you get your studs from

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.