Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The yahoo group, G8-southeast is going. We have 15 spots each day at the Autofair April 6-7th. We have 7 signed for saturday so far and 4 for sunday. If anyone would like to attend let me know which day and PM me your address so I can send you your pass package. It would be great to see all 15 spots filled each day, that would be awhole lot of G8s. :)

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Hey there!

I am trying to get a fellow co-worker to come out with his Stryker Blue GT. I will put more pressure on him! :)

What about the few Greensboro and Raleigh guys ? :)

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I enjoyed participating in the last one but unfortunately I'm going to be on the road with work for 2 weeks solid starting 4/1. Have fun and I'll try to make the next one.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enjoyed participating in the last one but unfortunately I'm going to be on the road with work for 2 weeks solid starting 4/1. Have fun and I'll try to make the next one.
I would say sorry you have to work, but work puts food on the table. I just hope we can get some more people because I'm afraid we might lose our spots altogether if we don't have enough.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This is a really great event,:thumbsup::thumbsup: cars, food, displays, swap meet, trophies and it's "FREE" with ticket from SouthEast G8s. Anyone who hasn't been, should really consider going. It's gonna be a lot of fun!!

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
I'll def be there on Saturday, and Sunday depends on if were allowing past Best of Show winners to win again. So def put me down for Sat, maybe Sunday.

Send me a text for my address 732-322-0191

Thanks!

-Darren

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Cool Darren! Looks like we are on the upswing for more G8s.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll def be there on Saturday, and Sunday depends on if were allowing past Best of Show winners to win again. So def put me down for Sat, maybe Sunday.

Send me a text for my address 732-322-0191

Thanks!

-Darren
I think if other clubs allow repeat winners, then we should also. This is unless alot of people disagree.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the autofair meeting yesterday and the theme for the autofair this year is "ELVIS". They will have one of his cars on display and if you think you can sing like him, you can participate in the "sing like elvis" competition. You can also dress up your car or yourself with Elvis stuff if you like. The theme is because of his 1968 movie "speedway" shot at the Charlotte track.

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
I think Barry and his friend are coming too. Idk I'd he told you or not. I think both are for Saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've only have 2 spots left for Saturday, and plenty for sunday. If everyone shows up Saturday it'll be the most we've ever had. :)

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Good luck with the Autofair Jerry. Hope you have a big turnout. I enjoyed hearing all the folks talking about our cars and answering questions as they walked through. Only thing I didn't like was the sunburn. Lesson learned. Hope you guys have a great turnout and take lots of pics/video.

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
No sunburn this year as we are under the bleachers...which has its advantages and disadvantages. I kinda liked being out in the open field. Long range forecast calls for sunny and 68 deg.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've seen a super clean Liquid Red 09.5 around town lately and finally ran into the owner yesterday. I told him about the forums and this thread for the Autofair, sounded very excited! Hope he contacts you guy's and makes the show!

Hope all goes well!

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No sunburn this year as we are under the bleachers...which has its advantages and disadvantages. I kinda liked being out in the open field. Long range forecast calls for sunny and 68 deg.
One reason we are under the bleachers is a paved area where we were once, is being used for a lawn mower race thing.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
sweet lawn mover racing. as if we where not red neck enough down here...
lol I thought the exact same thing when I read it!

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, we filled all 15 spots for Saturday! We still have spots for Sunday for those that want to come and enjoy the great weekend weather at the Autofair.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.