Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed pacesetter headers no cats and drove it since last thursday and it just came on today I am waiting to get a tune for it till I install either a cam or stall. What will it affect my car to drive it with the engine light on?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Search 02 ANTI-FOWLER mod either on this forum on a Google search. This will trick the CEL off if its been thrown because of the no cats but as Bransten said you need to see what the light is for first.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put the o2 anti foulers on and they were stuffed with steel wool

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, your rear O2s are probably setting something like P0420 or similar since you don't have cats anymore. Once you get the tune that should go away.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Tune will definitely fix. Not an uncommon light to be on after header install. I just had my tuner turn the rear o2's off. Good luck. Should be an easy fix and shouldn't really hurt the car for a few days....

·
Registered
241 Posts
I meant rear O2s. Them setting codes isn't a big deal. It's just a measure of catalyst efficiency and will not damage anything. I'd get the codes scanned for free at autozone or something just to be sure, you never know if you damaged the front O2s during the install or knocked a hose or wire out of place.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well I jumped the gun and just got home and put my cortex on it and it came up with misfire on cylinder 8 and I made sure all my plug wires were on tight and somehow the passenger side back plug wire came off the plug (guessing cylinder 8) sorry for wasting you guys' time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
No waste of time. It got your brain thinking about it and you got it fixed.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I meant rear O2s. Them setting codes isn't a big deal. It's just a measure of catalyst efficiency and will not damage anything.
This isn't 100% true. No disrespect Rylos, but while they are mostly just for catalyst efficiency, they also do trim the fuel ever so slightly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts