Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Got my car a few months ago, been lurking every since. Figured it was time to say hello and jump into some conversations on here. I've learned a lot from you guys already! My car is a 2008 MGM GT. I got it with 41k on the clock, bone stock. Havent done much to it, but I have plans. So far mods are an x-pipe and rear muffler delete, blacked out the side markers and fender lights, and some window tint. I have some VMR V710s in gunmetal on the way, 18x8.5 and 18x9.5. Im getting married this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some money to play around with after that. Next on the list is a tune, some headers, and a CAI. Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on for a bit. I look forward to getting to know some of you and gaining some more knowledge!

Brad

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to post a couple of pics! These are from when I first got the car, just a couple quick shots outside of work. Ill get some better ones after my rims show up and get installed on the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terre Haute. Where you from?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got lost up in Mishawaka once. Ended up in Michigan while looking for a liquor store while on an bowling trip haha.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad to see someone from the board near me, I've not seen any other GTs around here but a handful of v6. You will love your g8 even more with a tune. I'd love to swap you my cloth interior lol.. Cheers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you from codebro, Terre Haute as well? I saw a GT last week while leaving Sam's Club, but it was from Ohio I believe. Other than that I've seen only one other GT, a PSM one. The rest were V6s like you said.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm in Vincennes just a little south of Terre Haute down 41. I just got my g8 Sept 2012 and new to high performance cars myself, so if you have any interest in meetups or diy stuff let me know i'd like to meet some local g8 owners.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah I know where Vincennes is. I haven't been down that way in awhile. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up sometime. Maybe later this summer/early fall we can find some more Indiana people that might be interested in getting together somewhere for a Saturday afternoon or something.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ah I know where Vincennes is. I haven't been down that way in awhile. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up sometime. Maybe later this summer/early fall we can find some more Indiana people that might be interested in getting together somewhere for a Saturday afternoon or something.
That would be awesome, I'd like to see how many forum members we have nearby, we have to stick together!! No but really I need to get into another G8 sometime to compare to mine cause mine drives pretty weird sometimes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We should definitely see how many are somewhat local to us and see if we cant get something together later this year. Codebro what kind of weirdness does your car exhibit? Mine likes to wander sometimes, with no rhyme or reason as to why. Sometimes it will drift left, others right. I am hoping the new tires will fix that, but I won't know until late this week/early next.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll extend my welcome to a fellow Hoosier. I'm in Evansville.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
289 Posts
We should definitely see how many are somewhat local to us and see if we cant get something together later this year. Codebro what kind of weirdness does your car exhibit? Mine likes to wander sometimes, with no rhyme or reason as to why. Sometimes it will drift left, others right. I am hoping the new tires will fix that, but I won't know until late this week/early next.
Same thing with mine. Took it to a dealership a while back and they said it was normal due to the road crown. You can see if driving in the left lane pulls you left, and right lane pulls you right. I have brand new tires and the same issue. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with 1) alignment and 2) strut mounts, causing the tramlining. I bought the GM caster adjustment kit I will be taking the car into a good alignment shop once I actually find one not 2 hours away.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read a post on here a good while back about some guy having the same problem. I searched for it but couldn't find it. If I remember correctly, he never got his sorted out after several trips to the alignment shop, but I don't know if he ever bought the caster adjustment kit. The thing with mine is that it doesn't always follow the crown of the road, so I don't know what to think about it. Its almost like the steering is so tight that if you move it ever so slightly one direction, it tends to go that way no matter what side of the road I'm on. If you ever find any conclusive info about it, please let me know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I live in ohio, but have family in New Carlise, Ind so I blow through Indiana a lot. Welcome to the boards OP!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Glad to see more Hoosiers with the G8!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Nice to see so many of you from Indiana.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts