Pontiac G8 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Why not make something that can compete with dodge/Chrysler SRT line up. That's really the only thing that gets to me. Although it won't take much to fully unleash that ls3...

In the meantime I will still be ballin on a budget in my old pontiac.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
GM doesnt expect to sell alot of these I dont think.... how could they?.. I think its purely for the Nascar "back to stock" thing and thats it..... this is just a sidebar.....unfortunately...

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's....ok. I was hoping that the commodore would make a US comeback, but for some reason the Chevy SS just doesn't scream "aggressive" like the G8 did when I first laid eyes upon her. I suppose it will grow on me, but I don't plan on buying one, so I will at least enjoy the masses looking at my G8 and asking if its the new Chevy SS. :slap:

·
Registered
260 Posts
There are things about it I like and a whole more I don't. It has too many nanny features for me. I am not all that big on all the tech stuff. My car has more than I would like. For me stereo, A/c, cruise, power seats and power windows is about all I want. I don't need park assist and all that stuff I perfer to drive my car myself. I was hoping Chevy would have made this car stand out more but they played it safe. I do like the over all look of the interior but the outside is too boring for me the front end reminds me of a cross between a Taurus and a Hyundia, I had hoped for a performance car that had the attitude to go with it something that you couldn't help but notice and want, this isn't it I wouldn't pay any attention to it
I would never buy it, to me the G8 is a much nicer looking car. It might look better in person but there is nothing that says WOW look at THAT car. It is just another NEW car. Good thing for me I was not waiting on this for a car and hopefully by the time I want something else there will be something I want if not I will build it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It's....ok. I was hoping that the commodore would make a US comeback, but for some reason the Chevy SS just doesn't scream "aggressive" like the G8 did when I first laid eyes upon her. I suppose it will grow on me, but I don't plan on buying one, so I will at least enjoy the masses looking at my G8 and asking if its the new Chevy SS. :slap:

+1.......so much potential to make an aggressive looking (Chevrolet) vehicle and yet they made a sleeper. Now having a sleeper isn't necessarily a bad thing mind you....it's just that they could have done better on the front end...IMO....:driving::burnout:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I like it. Just hope it comes in Red.

·
Registered
444 Posts
It has the look of the Impala beefed up. To me it's how the last generation of Impala should have looked almost but I see more of the Malibu in it with that front. I'm going to love the day one of these are in my Garage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was on the fence weither or not to go used G8 or wait and get the SS...I bought a G8 the day after I saw the pictures of the SS. That pretty much sums up how I feel about the looks, just way to much going on up front, not to mention the Chevy "smile". For the 20K price difference I can pick up the extra 50hp rather easily. I would like to know if those seats will bolt into a G8 tho. They do look nice and comfy.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Elmarro, have to say this. Those pics of your Stryker Blue make me want to buy one. Actually makes me want to see if the SS will come in Stryker Blue if Liquid Red or some Bright Red style isn't available.

I have to say this, be glad this car has come over folks. First off it isn't a horribly butchered Ford Product. Being told this car is the same in Europe or whatever Country and actually come to find out has nothing in common with its siblings over seas. We were promised and delivered to a great extent, this car is not really changed for North America minus the real huge essentials of LHD setup and a badge. The car everything one could ask for in the terms of a real sports sedan. I think this car is going to live up to its name and what it can do. As for Styling look at the new VF Commodore and how its going back to some of its Opel Heritage in styling, then look at how that styling actually mixes in with Chevrolet's designs. I think it was pulled off well, yeah sucks no manual but so what. I gave up a manual for my G8 because I wanted one really bad, a sacrifice has to be made occasionally.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Elmarro, have to say this. Those pics of your Stryker Blue make me want to buy one. Actually makes me want to see if the SS will come in Stryker Blue if Liquid Red or some Bright Red style isn't available.

I have to say this, be glad this car has come over folks. First off it isn't a horribly butchered Ford Product. Being told this car is the same in Europe or whatever Country and actually come to find out has nothing in common with its siblings over seas. We were promised and delivered to a great extent, this car is not really changed for North America minus the real huge essentials of LHD setup and a badge. The car everything one could ask for in the terms of a real sports sedan. I think this car is going to live up to its name and what it can do. As for Styling look at the new VF Commodore and how its going back to some of its Opel Heritage in styling, then look at how that styling actually mixes in with Chevrolet's designs. I think it was pulled off well, yeah sucks no manual but so what. I gave up a manual for my G8 because I wanted one really bad, a sacrifice has to be made occasionally.

Thanks blue is a nice color I got it in July 2010 but took me some time to find one! I was in Miami buying the black one and when I was bout to sing I told my wife to look one more time to see if there were any Stryker blue and was I lucky they had just posted it up! Lady was mad AF when I said never mind!! Lol. The SS will come in nice colors I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
As far as shipping the LT1 from Tonowanda, the LS3 currently ships from Mexico I believe, so either way it's making an ocean voyage.

I'm glad they are making it, I don't care for it's front end or the extra goo gaws, and no manual?????? I hope all who get it love it and it serves them well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
it's not unusual for holden to carry over the main colour options available at the end of one model into the start of a new model then add new colours 12 months later, don't count on elchmey making it, only ever seen one since it was released, have seen a few in chlorophyll, very nice colour, it's one way of seperating each model year.

as for the us having auto only, here auto is a $2,000 option, the m6 is the standard transmission, was the m6 gxp hit with the guzzler tax for not having DOD?

you may have cafe but we get the aus govn't and all it's taxes, todays fuel rate 1.56 lt

·
Registered
202 Posts
It looks blah just like I feared. Maybe Trans Am Depot will make us a G8 conversion lol

41 - 60 of 132 Posts
About this Discussion
131 Replies
75 Participants
IZRED
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing