Pontiac G8 Forum banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
the SS is even more of a sleeper than the G8's were with the styling on the outside thats even less aggressive than ours

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had the opportunity to see the Chevy SS Pace Car yesterday at Car Craft.

The car looks a LOT better in person than it does in the official publicity photos. Is it as aggressive looking as the G8? By no means. But, it doesn't look cheap. There are definitely some edges and creases that are more obvious in person than they are in the photos.

Now, the real question is: why can't we actually get one in this blue color? That color is gorgeous!

That said, I can't afford one, so my G8 and I will have a LONG and prosperous relationship.

·
Registered
491 Posts
the SS is even more of a sleeper than the G8's were with the styling on the outside thats even less aggressive than ours
+1 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:zzz::zzz::zzz:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the opportunity to see the Chevy SS Pace Car yesterday at Car Craft.

The car looks a LOT better in person than it does in the official publicity photos. Is it as aggressive looking as the G8? By no means. But, it doesn't look cheap. There are definitely some edges and creases that are more obvious in person than they are in the photos.

Now, the real question is: why can't we actually get one in this blue color? That color is gorgeous!

That said, I can't afford one, so my G8 and I will have a LONG and prosperous relationship.
Thank you for the insight. I truly hope that an in-person viewing and test drive will change my opinion. The first time I drove my G8, I felt as if I had slipped into a European mid-sized sport sedan with an incredibly refined and comfortable interior to compliment the aggressive Pontiac exterior styling I have loved since I was a kid. (My first Pontiac was a '79 Trans-Am that I bought back in 1984, so I am a little biased.) I guess I can't expect the SS to have a similar impact, as it is not from the Excitement Team. I still want to drive one...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just hope that the SS is a huge hit for GM. They need it!

·
Registered
436 Posts
If anything, I think G.M. priced themselves right out the door on this one. I just looked up the 2014 Impala on Autotrader and the prices on them are outrageous! The Impala ranges from $25,194 to $42,335. I would assume the SS would be around $5,000 more {give or take a few hundred} than the top of the line Impala making it $47,335. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
436 Posts
If anything, I think G.M. priced themselves right out the door on this one. I just looked up the 2014 Impala on Autotrader and the prices on them are outrageous! The Impala ranges from $25,194 to $42,335. I would assume the SS would be around $5,000 more {give or take a few hundred} than the top of the line Impala making it $47,335. What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Adjusted for inflation, the SS is selling for the same price as the GXP, yet you are getting a LOT more car for the money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
923 Posts
If anything, I think I would assume the SS would be around $5,000 more {give or take a few hundred} than the top of the line Impala making it $47,335. What do ya'll think?
Think???

Official pricing was released several weeks ago! No speculating needed !
For $10k more, you can have a Vette! Couldn't say that with the GXP.

I do agree with Slizzo though. Your getting a lot more car with this!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm a big G.M. fan, but I would never buy any car for $47,000 plus. That goes for the Corvette also. Call me cheap, but you can buy 3 used performance cars for that price. You can have a base model 98' Corvette, a 02' Camaro Z28 and a 05' GTO for less than $47,000. And they all look better than the Chevy SS.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts