Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Texas Motor Speedway this past weekend for the latest NASCAR race. I was able to borrow my friends 2 HOT pass tickets and took the gf, yeah she had a blast by the way at her very first race!, to check out the action before the race. We were able to go to pit row and the garage area while the cars were going through tech inspection. As we went from pit row down to the garage, low and behold I stumbled upon the 2 Chevy SS pace cars! I snapped these pics, but was not brave enough to see if the car was unlocked to pop the hood and snap some under the hood :secret: I probably would have been tackled to the ground by some under cover SWAT team thinking that I was there to tamper with the cars. Oh well it was still pretty cool to get some up close pics. Hope everyone enjoys!!!

·
Official Top Gear Addict
177 Posts
The SS styling is growing on me. Not close to my love for the GXP look but I like it better than I once had. I reserve total judgement for when I see/drive one in person. Looks like a sweet deal you got on those passes though!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am liking the SS more and more when I get to see it. I still can't wait to see it in other colors and especially get the chance to drive it. Yeah getting into the pit and garage areas was amazing! I didn't see any drivers, but I did get a pic of Jack Roush and his autograph. Pretty sweet!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i like the body color rear diffuser. I like the paint color/scheme too. Too bad you can't get it that way. Looks unlocked to me ;-)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
i thought it was a malibu

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Nice pics!

I've seen a couple of prototypes here on the roads. They look good, though there's nothing wrong with the older models either.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Looks better on your pics then on tv, i agree sweet color.............

·
Registered
707 Posts
Looks better on your pics then on tv, i agree sweet color.............
The problem is GM is not even going to make this color available. The only noticeable* color will be Mystic Green Metallic - no wild Holden blues, oranges, yellows, or purple hues. GM could of sold a special Ed. Pace Car Ed. that they could have gotten a lot more $ for, similar to what they do with the Camaro & Corvette pace car ed.

*Every car company sells black, gray, silver, white, & red

·
Registered
55 Posts
The problem is GM is not even going to make this color available. The only noticeable* color will be Mystic Green Metallic - no wild Holden blues, oranges, yellows, or purple hues. GM could of sold a special Ed. Pace Car Ed. that they could have gotten a lot more $ for, similar to what they do with the Camaro & Corvette pace car ed.

*Every car company sells black, gray, silver, white, & red
Yep, agree 100%. Wishing I could get orange.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Nice pics and thanks for sharing! Yah, snapping the under hood pics might have gotten you into some trouble, lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
152 Posts
I like it and will need to use all 3 cans of plastidip I have in my garage to get rid of all that chrome should I get one. Do people still like chrome?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts