Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rims come on the Special Edition Commodore Z-Series in Australia. These are 8.5 wide all around unlike the SS which have 9in in the back.
I wrapped them with Continental Extreme Contact DWS 245/40/19 for the front and 275/35/19 for the rear.

Specs: 19x8.5 +48 23.5lbs

·
every village has one
2,322 Posts
Those look damn good.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I've been wondering what those would look like ... not bad!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like it for sure! Then again I am a sucker for OEM chrome... Where did you get the gas cap if you don't mind me asking?

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
Looks clean OP!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it for sure! Then again I am a sucker for OEM chrome... Where did you get the gas cap if you don't mind me asking?
They're forged polished aluminum and the cap I got from the dealer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Very nice!!

Your car looks just like the SS! I know the G8 and the SS are essentially the same car,but you really can't tell the difference from the side shots.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sharp!! I'd LOVE to do that in a black chrome or even just a polished black look on my G8.. This site causes soo many issues with that damn mod bug.. LOL!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Monte,

Those look awesome. I do like how it sets off your other silver/chrome accents on your car.

When the SS's hit the streets and your car starts to look like theirs, are you gonna change rims to something different again? :)

--zep

·
Registered
133 Posts
Monte,

Those look awesome. I do like how it sets off your other silver/chrome accents on your car.

When the SS's hit the streets and your car starts to look like theirs, are you gonna change rims to something different again? :)

--zep
If he does, I'd like first dibs on the wheels he's rockin now.. LOL!

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Monte,

--zep
No I really like these rims. I always have chromed 6cyl rims as back up.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're not chrome, they're polished. It would be nice if they were.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Those look great on our cars. Any idea on total cost? Are they only available from Aust?

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is exactly how the 2014 SS should have looked! In my opinion at least

Looks great Monty!

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
No I really like these rims. I always have chromed 6cyl rims as back up.
That's what I have my eyes on ... maybe someday I'll get mine black chrome PVR or something like that. I have been inspired by your chromed twinspokes. Don't get me wrong, I was just yankin your chain a bit, I love the new rims you chose... they are awesome.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts