Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got myself an 09 Hot Red GT, ordering some GM accesories for it. I ordered a chome fuel door but I seem to be the only one who thinks it looks decent, anyone have opinions on them?

I am re-assessing my choice now, especially seeing front grill moldings being painted black or body color, and how much I like less chrome on some G8s. I am going with painted splash guards and that sexy red shifter knob for sure though.

Anyways, glad to own a G8 and look forward to what this forum has to offer.

·
The Mustang dude
1,347 Posts
You are the only one most likely. But hey, your car, your money.

Oh and BTW, i'd pass on the splash guards too. hahha

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd do a black one before any more chrome.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
i'm not a fan of the chrome fuel door. i never understood why that would be an item you'd want to have stick out.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I've got one it was my first mod. Silver cars is the only color that dosen't look good blacked out. Besides I like a little bling.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the car, as for the chrome fuel door. I'd say sell it to some kid outside Autozone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Canceled the door and chrome mirror covers. Got:

Cargo area tray (boring)
Floor mats with Pontiac logo
Red shift knob
Splash guards - to be painted body color

Just a few tweaks.
She only has 20k miles, pretty lucky to find such a gem :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
^ Much Much better. Nice save.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your "new" G8. I think you made the right call cancelling the door and chrome mirror covers. I'm not sure why anyone even designed a chrome fuel door, I just don't see the point of it and looks very tacky if you want my opinion. At the end of the day, it's your car and your money so if you really really like it, I say get what makes you happy.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I found a great deal on a chrome G8 fuel door on eBay last year and put it on. Wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but it has really grown on me. I don't have pictures, but will post a couple at some point. Many of the 60's muscle cars had them, along with seeing them on some current Challengers. I wouldn't pay full price on one, but if you can get a deal, give it a try.

As for the chrome mirror covers, I also found a deal on those too. That's probably one of the best looking appearance changes I made to my car IMO. Makes the car really pop.

Not a fan of the splash guards.

Bottom line, it's your car and do what you like and think looks good. That's all that counts.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The flaps should save your paint down in those areas, but I am not a fan of how they look. I would like to see the floor mats you ordered though.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Just got myself an 09 Hot Red GT, ordering some GM accesories for it. I ordered a chome fuel door but I seem to be the only one who thinks it looks decent, anyone have opinions on them?

I am re-assessing my choice now, especially seeing front grill moldings being painted black or body color, and how much I like less chrome on some G8s. I am going with painted splash guards and that sexy red shifter knob for sure though.

Anyways, glad to own a G8 and look forward to what this forum has to offer.
Congratulations on your new G8.

I have read that you have decided not to order the chrome fuel door. I like the chrome doors that I have seen on trucks in my area. I can't say that I have seen these types of doors on the G8's though.

I hope you enjoy the vehicle. Please, post pictures when you get her done.

Don't hesitate to contact me in the future with comments, questions and/or concerns.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
I like mine.

I like Chrome.

In fact, I'd like some chrome wheels and fix for the ugly lower grills...the black areas around the fogs just doesn't go.

I'd also like an SV6 Spoiler.

So, bottom line, do what you like, if we all had the same tastes there'd be nothing interesting to look at/talk about at meets.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts