Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I got GM mud flaps , low profile and save quaters from chips. As far as looks , to each his own,with me if it dosn' grab me its a no go.Jonhn what kinda rims do you have? I had been looking at ones from Elbus, are these the same ones?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Not my car, but found a few pictures of PBM G8s with the chrome fuel door and mirror covers:

I think the splash guards help provide protection and I have them on my two other cars. Too bad GM didn't design them to be molded for a more streamlined look. I think a molded version would have looked so much nicer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Some pics

I initially did not like the mud guards at all, but they have grown on me the past few days. Trunk mat is very nice all weather protection, especially because I play outdoor sports. Shift knob adds a little color, and mats are a much higher material, though a tiny bit lighter. I work in a GM parts department so I paid cost, $320 without paint/installation, I am happy with it.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I too would have opted out on the gas door and mirror trim in chrome just not my thing. To each his own though. The shifter looks real nice and those mats are a nice touch. Mine came with the trunk liner also and has held up very well. As for the mudflaps to me I'm not a fan but if it saves the paint prob a worthwhile investment. Looks a little off from the back to me but that's just my opinion. as others have said welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase of a great car. You will now be in the club of " what kind of car is that" and the people breaking there neck to look for badges to identify what kind of car your driving. Mine are removed so I get the look of confusion at least once a month LOl. And when the Mod bug bites I bites hard so let your Wallet beware. have fun with your new car and get used to turning around and looking at it every time you park it and are walking away Lol. At least I do.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have seen both Monty's car an 85Transam car in person and I like both the mud flaps and the chrome Gas door cover. If it were my G8 I would do them both but its my wifes car and she likes the Gas door and not the mud flaps..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bringing a old thread back to life...

Just picked up one of those chrome fuel doors. I won't know how I like it until it's on the car. If I don't like it, it will get reworked and painted the color of the car.

IMG_20191003_180418.jpg
IMG_20190629_181750.jpg
u
IMG_20190629_181750.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canceled the door and chrome mirror covers. Got:

Cargo area tray (boring)
Floor mats with Pontiac logo
Red shift knob
Splash guards - to be painted body color

Just a few tweaks.
She only has 20k miles, pretty lucky to find such a gem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your "new" G8. my ip birthday wishes tneb I think you made the right call cancelling the door and chrome mirror covers. I'm not sure why anyone even designed a chrome fuel door, I just don't see the point of it and looks very tacky if you want my opinion. At the end of the day, it's your car and your money so if you really really like it, I say get what makes you happy.
I am re-assessing my choice now, especially seeing front grill moldings being painted black or body color, and how much I like less chrome on some G8s. I am going with painted splash guards and that sexy red shifter knob for sure though.

·
Premium Member
4,582 Posts
^^^ stated in the first post...gesh.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts