Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a Circle D 3000-3200 a good stall converter? I want to wake up the transmission in my G8 and I am going to get a converter, cooler, and a camaro pan for my 6L80e. I am having trouble deciding what converter to get. The Circle D said it has great drivability and "only flashes when you want it to". I have an intake, long tubes, mid muffler delete, and an axle back. The transmission is very lazy stock and traction control/torque management is extremely irritating. Is this converter good?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Does the car see the street or track more? Do you have a cam? Has the trans been tuned?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a street car with a stock cam. But I plan on getting a BTR stage 2 later on. I figured a stall would wake the car up and make it so torque management/traction control wont have a choice when I want to spin the tires because the converter will flash in my power band. My car has been tuned slightly. DOD is deactivated and it is tuned for no cats.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I would suggest making an appointment with a competent tuner, who specifically has experience tuning the 6L80, and having him retune the car. Down the road I would do the cam and converter at the same time, making sure they are a good match for each other.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds smarter than throwing a converter in. I think I will take it to my tuner and get a more involved tune. He didnt tune the transmission. I just did a little research and apparently a trans tune makes a huge difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts