Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running their 278mm stalls between 3000-3200 i believe, was looking into this stall. Want a tight converter due to it being a DD but good performance. Priced at $500 which isnt bad. Any experiences?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ordered mine last week, I can let you know what it's like in a couple weeks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up buying it i talked to chris at circle d he recommended this converter for what i'm looking for. I'll have it in week of april 15th let me know how you like it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just want to say thanks to Chris at circle d for recommending this converter drives just like stock till you get on it then it just takes off! Also takes care of the pushing from the cam. Definitely recommend this stall for a daily driven car.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Just want to say thanks to Chris at circle d for recommending this converter drives just like stock till you get on it then it just takes off! Also takes care of the pushing from the cam. Definitely recommend this stall for a daily driven car.
so 60' improvements? avg stall? lockup... lets get some details!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can't wait, parts are on the bench taunting me, hopefully I'll get time to install mine in the next couple weeks!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ended up buying it i talked to chris at circle d he recommended this converter for what i'm looking for. I'll have it in week of april 15th let me know how you like it!
What cooler did you go with?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haven't taken her to the track at all yet so don't have any before or after times. Hopefully get a chance to go soon. It's a 3000-3200 single disk stall locks up around 45-50mph and at higher speeds. Definite improvement out of the hole and overall acceleration.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is it loose enough at idle to let the cam lope a bit in gear?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
B&M trans cooler I went with and yes I still get a little lope but I have a small cam wanted the stealth mode lol

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Another happy stalled customer..., crap had i know about torque converters before, and i would've have installed one as the very first mod for my car. I know some people hate the idea of having a torque converter because of the way it might change the driving dynamics of the car. Don't fear the verters, especially if you have plans for a cam, or have installed a cam already, and don't skip on the verter supporting mods either.
It'll really make the car A LOT more enjoyable, and faster as well, so you can have the whole cake :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd say a higher stall converter is a must on these cars if you have a cam whether it be a as low as a 2400. My breaks were getting torn up every time I came to a stop, now it breaks with ease and I have a mild cam.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a triple disk 3400 Circle D converter. I love it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts