1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
207 Posts
Since when did police vehicles come with chrome packages (see red car in article). Looks like it came as a public sale car. Just makes me wonder if we will start seeing a lot more of these????

·
'Mod'erator
4,887 Posts
It is an ugly car, but for what it is it is a great value on a proven platform.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Pontiac front end conversion and your set

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
there are 13 lucky people out there for now, they are in the most exclusive club. but those things are going to be at auction some day after the police are done with them and will be littered throughout every ghetto in the US. IMO Fugly is the best word to describe those. i hope they don't sell them to consumers without a major fascia update. i highly doubt they will sell well with the current styling. IMO Consumer sales will be limited to retirement community's probably as a buick... just like the stigma with the police interceptor (crown vic)/mercury Grand Marquis.

just my opinion the styling SUCKS!!! GM please don't screw this up. Make it work, sell it to cops for now in 2 years make look as fast as it is (rather than a commuter to and from the bingo hall) and then sell it to the public. show that a GM RWD V8 sedan can sell. Even the forever doomed Chrysler was able to sell 300's and chargers w/ V8s.

It's crazy a corporation once known for the birth of the muscle car (66 GTO) can't continually screw this up so badly. The Caprice PPV is a good attempt but IMO doesn't have a chance a getting 18-40yo to buy it with the current styling.

I love my G8 and love the idea of the Caprice, but for the police the Statesmen is the right car. For Consumers in the USA the Commodore is the only one that will sell to their target audience.

Any Aussies on here? I am just guessing that the Statesmen sells to an older group of people. The statesmen is just a refined commodore. Today aggressive styling is selling cars i.e, camaro, challenger, CTS, even the Taurus to some extent. let me know if i am crazy i am curious to see if i am correct in saying that old people drive the statesmen.

ALL ITEMS ABOVE ARE MY OPINION AND ARE NOT BASED ON ANY FACTS SO PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME FOR IT .

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Thanks to Jalopnik and the dealership finding a small and now patched "loophole in the wording on the contract" ... these 13 cars are probably unicorns that may be plagued with registration and/or insurance problems, if they ever made it for final paperwork in the first place.

With Jalopnik picking up the story, no doubt it went viral, which got GM to notice. I wonder if intermixed within that dealerships many many many phone calls that day, they got one from someone high up the food chain in GM that maybe threatned legal action or whatnot.

Those cars are totally gone from the online website now.

We'll have to see if we see ~ 13 new threads in the upcoming weeks, "hey everyone, I don't have a g8 but I have it's FUGLY brother that I bought from this dealership......" LOL :drink:

The car has potential, but not in it's current "looks" department. I'm kinda glad that this first round will NOT be really available to the general public.

And after these cars get to auction, after being beat on 20+ hours per day through normal LEP duties (no offense to LEP intended!) ... it would be interesting to see what's still working and/or what issues and history these "blues brothers police auction cars" really had over their Service Lifetime.

"Its got cop tires, .... " :)

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
So once again GM is NOT LISTENING! You put out a fugly cop car and the public wants to buy it?! But due to your heads being up your azz you ignore the interest? If I were president (of GM that is) I would immediately get the team to rush a consumer version to market, market the hell out of it as "Now you have a fighting chance" and watch the sales rack up. All they have to do is raid the parts bin at Holden and voilà HAPPY US customers. Damn it GM take a cue from Nike and Just Do it!

·
Registered
161 Posts
2013 Chevrolet SS... Now Please...!

All we can hope for is the VE Series 3 Commodore to come back as the 2013 Chevrolet SS. GM should know it needs a V8 RWD Sedan under $35K...!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Give this a good looking body kit like the G8 and I agree, they'd sell very well. It's ok for a police car but that Carbon Motors thing is way better.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the interior of the civilian Caprice PPV...?

Does anyone have a photo of the interior of the civilian Caprice PPV...?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
I am kicking myself for not getting more pictures of the Caprice PPV that I saw while in Bowling Green, KY last weekend. I guy who transports vehicles for GM was on his way thru delivering the car to a police agency in South Carolina. His daily driver is a G8 GT, and he said that despite the larger size, and lower rated HP, he feels that it is more powerful than his G8. The car already had blue & red LEDs mounted under the deck-lid, and they came on when you pop the trunk. It was amazing how much bigger the interior is. It should make a great police vehicle. The looks, although not awful, are nowhere near as nice as the G8 though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You thought finding parts for our cars were tough, I'd hate to be looking for parts for a 2012 Chevrolet Caprice in a couple years. If I bought one I'd stick it in the garage (which is what I hope these lucky 13 did).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
32 Participants
Cornercarver82
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing