Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'11 STI Sedan
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone know any tricks to minimize the reflections when taking a picture. one of my photography nerd friends said there is a filter for it or something

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, there is a polarizing filter that can be used (at least on a 35mm camera, not sure if there is one for a digital camera yet). Once attached, you can turn the filter to get some reflection or no reflection. I have used one for years on outside photos. I love it. You can get it at any good camera shop.

·
'11 STI Sedan
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
crap, my camera is a point and shoot. this is goign to sound dumb but can i just "cup" one over it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, if you want, I supposed that will work. I would hold the polarized lense right up to the camera lense and then you shouldn't have too much of a problem

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can cup a polarizer over your lens but be careful of scratching the filter on the lens barrel.
A polarizer works on one plane. If you remove reflections from the side of the car, they will remain on the windscreen, or vice versa, but well worth it.
No special "digital" polarizer is required.
Be warned they suck up light, 2 f.stops worth, and work best at 90' to the light source, in your case the sun. With the sun directly behind you, it won't work at all. But hey, that's the worst place for the sun to be anyway.
I'm a pro photographer and have one on at most times. They dramatically improve almost all outdoor photography by producing rich, saturated colors. Everyone should have one!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts