Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning one G8 is not a problem, but cleaning 2 of them becomes a chore. Vacuuming cleaning the interior as well of cleaning the windows, seats & all of the plastic trim it becomes a lot of work.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Tell me about it!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Used a lots of simonix conditioner on the seats soften up the hard leather.

·
I'd Rather Be Shifting
565 Posts
I didn't ever mind cleaning my cars... until I had kids. Now it just seems as though there's never enough time to keep up with them. Truly more of a nuisance these days rather than an enjoyable hobby, especially my wife's Acadia. My OCD has definitely had to chill out a bit the past few years because of it.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I only have one G8 so its easy to give her a sudsy bath at least once a week.
I'm usually the only one in my G so interior stays relatively clean just need to dust and bag out floor mats.
I do have to try something to soften the seats my wife constantly complains of numb bum so bad she gets siatica???, probably wrong spelling, so we take her Rabbit everywhere on weekends. Kind of a drag, when I want to take the G8.
Have looked at Mothers and Maguires leather treatments, so I'm looking for opinions on each or is there a better product out there?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Its like a second job to me : ) it's the love for the car that makes me motivated enough to do it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm usually the only one in my G so interior stays relatively clean just need to dust and bag out floor mats.
I do have to try something to soften the seats my wife constantly complains of numb bum so bad she gets siatica???, probably wrong spelling, so we take her Rabbit everywhere on weekends. Kind of a drag, when I want to take the G8.
Have looked at Mothers and Maguires leather treatments, so I'm looking for opinions on each or is there a better product out there?
Interesting I always thought our G8 seats are super comfy. Why not just take a small pillow with her or a soft cover something like that?

I usually wash once a week if the weather holds true. Sometimes it'll rain a week straight here and I don't bother. I like switching products and trying new cleaners though. I recently used this: http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g14716-ultimate-protectant-spray/#jHDbUt8UGYcv738I.97 and it works so good. Really makes the dash and door panels gleam in the sunlight.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Interesting I always thought our G8 seats are super comfy. Why not just take a small pillow with her or a soft cover something like that?

I usually wash once a week if the weather holds true. Sometimes it'll rain a week straight here and I don't bother. I like switching products and trying new cleaners though. I recently used this: http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g14716-ultimate-protectant-spray/#jHDbUt8UGYcv738I.97 and it works so good. Really makes the dash and door panels gleam in the sunlight.
Your on the right track we have talked about a pillow, apparently there is something called a "wedge pillow", its made by the same people that make back supports. Was off last week and didn't remember to look for one. Ooooops!

·
Registered
896 Posts
It's easy keeping 2 clean when 1 sits in the garage 99% of the time. I clean it maybe once a year.

The other is easy as long as your passengers know the rules. My son and wife both know there's no food or drink allowed and since we have a dog no clothing with fur on it in the car. They either get changed or use a lint roller before we go out. Yes I have OCD.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I like the Adams line of products. They don't leave residue behind like you get with a lot of the other products out there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I clean the g8 about once a week. The gto once a month. My wifes suv is by far the hardest to clean. I think she gives the kids powdered sugar and bags of cookie crumbs then coats everything in syrup and juice. Plus my daughter drew a stick figure family with pen on the headrest so gotta figure that out.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ended up getting some of this conditioner on my plastic instrument panel. Not sure if Mothers or Maguire's plastic cleaner or polisher will remove this opinions.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I've never got a leather conditioner on my instrument panal before. You are talking about the clear dash cluster plastic right?

If so I'd think a microfiber towel and glass cleaner would do the trick. I wouldn't think it would stain.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correct, did not work.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Hmm. I gotta say that I've never ran across this before. Sorry to hear bud.

The only thing that I might suggest is a polish. I've used polishes on plastic with no problems.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Plus my daughter drew a stick figure family with pen on the headrest so gotta figure that out.
Leather or cloth?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm. I gotta say that I've never ran across this before. Sorry to hear bud.

The only thing that I might suggest is a polish. I've used polishes on plastic with no problems.
Went to a detailer today I believe he used some kind of polish not sure which. Got most of it off, I can only see a tiny bit since I know where it was. Otherwise looking at it you cannot tell anything happened. When he finished it I could not see anything but staring at it after I still see the odd little spot. Overall pretty happy since it looks almost like brand new.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts