Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to get and keep the dash clean? the rough surface picks up every piece of lint on anything i run across it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sounds like you need to invest in some higher quality microfibers. I use Surf City Dashaway or Adam's Interior spray and they both work great on anything inside the car.

·
F1rehawk
713 Posts
I use Meguiar's interior cleaner with great results, even on my winter beater that gets way more abuse. Cheap and over the counter product in most stores.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I have to wonder if someone used a cheap product on there and that’s causing the stickyness. I second Adams.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I just use plain old water to clean my dash but have found most microfibres snag too much.
I use the cloth from the old endless roll cloth hand dryer dispensers, its softer than most and doesn't lint up the dash.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I usually just use a damp cloth. If needed, I'll go over it with a mild soapy water, but that requires multiple passes.

I haven't cleaned it in about a year (since I still haven't finished the dang project), and it isn't really that bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those old hand dryers....

I just use plain old water to clean my dash but have found most microfibres snag too much.
I use the cloth from the old endless roll cloth hand dryer dispensers, its softer than most and doesn't lint up the dash.
You made me chuckle, thinking about those old endless roll cloth hand dryers! :)

I can't remember the last time that I saw one of those!

I never thought they were very sanitary, but heck, at least it isn't blowing around germ-infested water like the new high pressure air driers do....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Turtle Wax and ArmorAll both make really good trim cleaning wipes.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
If you guys use a simple soap and water solution or all purpose cleaner, be sure to apply a dressing with uv protectant. Help keep the vinyl from fading and so on. Especially for the members who live down south. Window tint or shade is also a good investment for keeping it from aging.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Doesn't the janitor get pi$$ed when you cut a piece out of his "endless roll". I do remember being in restrooms where the towel was laying in a pile on the floor and wondering "how did that happen". Now I know

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It was my Father!!!!
He had half a dozen or more rolls in his garage, said he got them from work.
Don't quite remember him as a janitor though....

·
Registered
34 Posts
For a quick wipe down, I just use my California Duster across the dash. Works pretty decent, but, of course, doesn't really get into the crevices real good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts