Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I need some help or advice with a problme on my car, car wont start on the first try I hear a cliking sound, light and radio turn on like normal but it wont start, I have to turn the key to the off position then back to on to get it to start. This problem started to happen a few days ago.
I have read a few other post with similar issues and have try the advices they posted.
I check voltage on battery terminals and on jump posts, with the car off I get 12.5V and On it jumps between 14.5 to 14.9V I saw it jump to 15.1V a few times.
I also check the crank relay pin 30 for the 12V and use a paper clip to jump it from pin 30 to 87 and it starts fine.
AutoZone check the battery and it came back good. I will check the alternator and starter tomorrow.
Battery and Alternator are 2 yrs old, I replaced them both because of a low voltage error message.
Also I notice that my head light go from dim to bright.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
What is the brand(s) of the battery and alternator? Check the battery for secure connections and corrosion around the terminal posts.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
+1 to the above.

I had a similar problem with the old beater... Darn thing wouldn't start up sometimes, and then other times... bam! No problem.

Turned out that the battery connection just wasn't quite tight enough.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If tightening/cleaning the battery connections doesn't fix the issue, try tightening the ground wires/connections. there a lots of them but begin with whichever is for the starter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery and alternator are Duralast from AutoZone, I did check that the terminals to make sure there were tight but would check again also I am going to check the alternator connection.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Duralast..... I am fairly certain that it won't be anything other than a loose battery connection or a defective battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts