Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Clink clunk or clank

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  madm80mad 
#1 ·
When driving down a bumpy road I notice a clank over consecutive bumps in a row if I'm coasting. Almost no clank if I'm on the brake. Anyone else get this issue and if so what is it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
i have new lower control arms. new fe3 struts and bushings. i have new front brakes. and i have this rattle from the passenger side front wheel. i could swear it sounds like the caliper is rattling around. if i lightly hold the brake... the rattle goes away. its only over small bumps and road imperfections. I 'm going to the buy a big rubber mallet and a big plastic mallet and see if i cant find it when on jackstands.

#9 ·
Pads are probably loose in the bracket. They shouldn't be so tight that they can't move (for obvious reasons) but if there's too much clearance between the pad and clip, they'll rattle like a sumbitch.

#4 ·
When driving down a bumpy road I notice a clank over consecutive bumps in a row if I'm coasting. Almost no clank if I'm on the brake. Anyone else get this issue and if so what is it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Really sorry to hear about the clanking sounds madm80mad. Have you considered taking the vehicle into a certified GM dealer for a diagnosis? I'd be more than happy to schedule a visit for you. Feel free to drop in a private message to me if I may be of assistance!

Regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.