Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Now it's a Party
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, in Mexico, a tinted-out Audi S4, looked to be about 2010-2011, stick, exhaust, not sure of other mods - decided he wanted to play.

We played twice from a stop. First time, I was in front of him when we went and he couldn't catch me. I put about 2-3 cars on him and slowly pulled. Second time, he was in front and I caught him and pulled around him slowly.

But it was a lot closer than I expected. I wonder if he had more mods than just the exhaust.

What's the story with these newer S4's?

I thought I would have taken him much easier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Those S4's are low 13 second cars. With your numbers in your sig, the outcome sounds about right.

Nice kill.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I'd say he's got more than exhaust. 2011s were around 330hp stock, maybe a couple hundred pounds lighter.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I raced one with an intake, cortex tune, 2 other friends in the car, and a trunk full of 3 golf bags. I can't believe I beat him but I did. it was close but by half a car length probably.

I'm surprised your race was so close especially with your quarter mile time. But I bet those S4's respond well to mods.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Nice kill. The newer B8's are 6cyl supercharged and pretty quick. With a tune and some mods it could be a bit faster but it would cost a ton of $$ to get where we can with the LSX's. the older B7 is. 4.2L v8 and hella fun to drive. That's what I traded for my G8. Loved it but I was coming up on the timing maintenance which would've cost 5k$+. Both great cars.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I've raced a few on the street and I've always beat them. It's as it should be when versing a AWD car. Being slightly faster, so they can catch you in the twisties. :)

I personally feel the S4s are overpriced/underpowered for what they are.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
I personally feel the S4s are overpriced/underpowered for what they are.
Spot on. They are definitely over priced. Damn sweet though inside and out.

·
Registered
845 Posts
S4's start in the high 40's. Not too shabby for a luxury car that bangs out high twelves stock.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Launching in awd does have its advantages. My car would be scary fast down the quarter if I had it too! ��

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Way to edge em out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts