Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell what's bad?

I just replaced the sway bars front and rear... How can I tell where my clunk is coming from!?

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a clunk after adding sway bars. A couple noises, actually.
I carefully stood on the sill of each open door and bounced the car to isolate the corner the noise was coming from.
First noise for me turned out to be the driver-side front sway bar mount nut had loosened up. It does not hurt to check each mount nut after a few miles - but be careful not to overtighten them!

The second noise (after a few more miles) was due to lack of grease due to it being pushed out of the front sway bar mounts during aggressive cornering - this was more of a squeak. A grease gun and needle inside each sway bushing (front and rear) with green grease solved this issue.

I have not had any obvious end link noises so I cannot help you there. Still on the stock end links with many spirited drives on them.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a clunk after adding sway bars. A couple noises, actually.
I carefully stood on the sill of each open door and bounced the car to isolate the corner the noise was coming from.
First noise for me turned out to be the driver-side front sway bar mount nut had loosened up. It does not hurt to check each mount nut after a few miles - but be careful not to overtighten them!

The second noise (after a few more miles) was due to lack of grease due to it being pushed out of the front sway bar mounts during aggressive cornering - this was more of a squeak. A grease gun and needle inside each sway bushing (front and rear) with green grease solved this issue.

I have not had any obvious end link noises so I cannot help you there. Still on the stock end links with many spirited drives on them.
Awesome thanks...
I know I'm good and greased... My Mobil 1 was oozing out! I checked the bolts, but ill check again.. Ill do that bounce test!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts