Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've had my 08 G8 GT for almost a year now, and wondered if anybody could weigh in on a slightly clunky 2 to 3 shift. Under high acceleration it is smooth as butter, but in normal traffic, my 2-3 has a bit more of a "click/clunk" to it than any other shift. Nothing drastic, but something I've noticed. Just wondering if this is a quirk of the car that others experience?

I had a complete transmission service done by the dealer (which actually smoothed out a lot of things), and put a Superchips Cortex tune on it (kept the shift torque stock), but neither affected that particular shift for better or worse. I also experience a heavy clunk and slight shift delay from park into drive, but from reading other threads on here, that is somewhat a standard experience for the car, and the dealer made no mention of it being a concern.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ah, the dreaded 2-3 shift flare. With my cortex...still had the flare. With livernois....still had flare. Here is your answer....pat g.

Done.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Interesting. I can honestly say that if i feel the flare, it is so minimal and after 2 or 3 stop and go's it is totally gone. That is only after a cold start and not driving the car for a couple of days after sitting in the garage. 95% of the time it's like one long gear, the shifts are that smooth and quick.

Have you done data logging and sent the logs back to pat?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts