Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at a loss on this and im tired of chasing my tail. Gettings codes P0335, P0336 and P0330 intermittently. Also misfiring and now cylinder 3 and 7 header pipes glowing red.

08 G8 GT. 1 7/8ths long tubes, high flow cats, x pipe, vararam otr, little lunati cam, dod delete, btr dual titanium valve springs, ungraded rocker arms, ace built trans, 25% powerbond udp, dual AC pulley bracket. Running ngk tr6s, brand new ac delco coils and harness, new plug wires, fresh oil change.

All started about a month ago. Car running rough, slight misfire, cylinder 1 plug kept fouling out (dry not wet or oily) and fuel mileage had dropped significantly. Took it to my tuner said my compression was low on cylinder one possibly rings.... checked it out myself compression was a little low but within tolerance. 175 all other cylinders 180ish. Took it to the dealer had them do compression test, leak down test, check injector flow, cylinder power test and the only thing that they come up with was possibly a bad cylinder one injector. Replace injector issue is still there. At this point i had checked coils, plug wires, replaced all the plugs, pulled valve covers and checked pushrods, valve springs and rocker arms. Everything was checking out fine. Issues started to get worse to the point i had to park the car. Finally start digging into the wiring to check for dry rot, exposed wiring,poor grounds loose connectors. Found CKP sensor connector and wires were melted together. Bought new connector and rewired damaged portion. Fixed damaged portion of harness to bank 2 knock sensor. Continuity and ohms checked both for good measure. Replaced CKP and cam position sensors as well. Car starts and runs, but starts missing/back firing at about 1800 rpms. Ran car for about 15 minutes, set idle at 2k to check plug connections and listen for what cylinder was misfiring. Noticed cylinder 3 and 7 exhaust pipes starting to glow red, so cut idle and shut off car. I'm at my wits end so any intelligent ideas would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts