Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am thinking about lowering the g8, but can not do a drop spring because of my aggressive rear wheel offset. The only way to do it is coilovers. Least time i looked into it there was pedders, bc, and megan. Now i see a few others like d2 rs, ksport, and tein. I like the look of the d2 with the anodized purple, but want some input.

I do not see any review from a g8 and wonder if anyone has tried them?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
How aggressive? I run 20x10 ET30 with Pedders XA's and it works well, just have to roll fenders. The BC's are ok but the adjustment in the rear sucks, they want you to drill through the trunk, haha.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 19x9.5 +35 with 275's. The fenders have a slight roll in the rear and i would only want to lower rear about and inch and inch and a half in the front maybe? I just want to have ability to adjust rather than putting springs on and rubbing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

·
Registered
781 Posts
In the rear, I have 19x9.5 with 275s. Offset was +45 and I had the rims milled another 3 mils. No rubbing, no roll of fenders. Car sits at 24 inches all around.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just installed BC racing Coilovers with 7k/12k springs and what a difference.

Dropped the front about 1.25 inches and raised the rear an inch to stop my rubbing issues till I roll my fenders.

I like them a lot. I haven't really fined tuned it yet or done a road course. But some aggressive driving on the street has shown me what a difference they are.

Car doesn't dip forward under hard breaking an doesn't lift up under acceleration. It just goes. Body roll is gone

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the rear, I have 19x9.5 with 275s. Offset was +45 and I had the rims milled another 3 mils. No rubbing, no roll of fenders. Car sits at 24 inches all around.
+48 sits in a while lot father than the +35s i have. I know if i went too much lower i would rub. I just have to decide what to go with. I kinda want to try something different since we have new options, but it is an expensive experiment.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Dropped the front about 1.25 inches and raised the rear an inch to stop my rubbing issues till I roll my fenders.

I like them a lot. I haven't really fined tuned it yet or done a road course. But some aggressive driving on the street has shown me what a difference they are.

Car doesn't dip forward under hard breaking an doesn't lift up under acceleration. It just goes. Body roll is gone
How easy are they to adjust? Do you have any pictures with how it sits now?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sub'd for info/pics.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yes, at 35 you are a half inch out further than me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed Pedders XA 3 weeks ago and i really like the ride over stock, firm but not jarring. I/m running 255/35/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. I don't have the rear fenders rolled and I have no rubbing issues, but I haven't had passengers in the back yet either. My height is 24" in the front and went for that in the rear but the instructions that come with the Pedders are for the 10k rear springs, not the 12k that they are now shipped with, I still need to adjust it down but it sits 24-3/8 in the rear off the bottom wheel lip. So if you end up with Pedders do not follow the 36mm setting in the instructions as you will end up higher than stock. otherwise installation was pretty straight forward. I don't know my wheel offset but i have CCW sp510s

·
Registered
781 Posts
What are the spring rates for the front on the new Xas?

·
Registered
781 Posts
My comment about his 35 sticking out 1/2 inch further is based on his 9.5 inch, 35mm offset rim compared to my 9.5 inch, 48mm offset rims. My car from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the fender arch is 24 inches all the way around.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
My comment about his 35 sticking out 1/2 inch further is based on his 9.5 inch, 35mm offset rim compared to my 9.5 inch, 48mm offset rims. My car from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the fender arch is 24 inches all the way around.
Gotcha that makes sense, I measure mine from fender to the ground. Just easier that way as 18,19,20 will have a different measurements wheel to fender. I know tire sizes change too but most keep close to stock diameter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My XAs came with 8k fronts and 12k rears. I'm also at 24" from the bottom of the rim straight up through the center of the wheel to the fender.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

I got 10K fronts and 12K rears from BC because they recommend against the original 8K front 10k rears that BC originally put out. Summit Racing recommends the heavier value because of bottoming out issues on Street settings. I found that it works well with a rear cradle /diff
bushing set from BMR and when I dropped the rear down the camber / caster stayed almost the same. But I was able to do that because I kept my stock 19" wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts