Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright bought this car about a year ago and every time I do a cold start and the bamf as it warms up their is three ticks that come from the right wheel area. No more or less than 3 ticks, and the kicker is the dealer can't seem to reproduce it. Smh That being said any inside would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Battery/fuses freinds charger has fuses and battery in trunk also and his makes that noise when turning it on, or maybes its the fuel pump issues

·
Registered
176 Posts
Lol, I get the same ticks after the car has warmed up for a minute or two. It is 3 or 4 distinct ticks from the back right of the car that don't occur again until it cools back down.

I honestly think it is the heat shields over the exhaust in the back expanding.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Alright bought this car about a year ago and every time I do a cold start and the bamf as it warms up their is three ticks that come from the right wheel area. No more or less than 3 ticks, and the kicker is the dealer can't seem to reproduce it. Smh That being said any inside would be much appreciated thanks
Sincere apologies for the ticking concern. Could you PM me regarding this issue and reference this thread? I'd like to investigate this further for you!

Regards,

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Premium Member
5,557 Posts
It's the trunk monkey. :monkee:

In all seriousness though it sounds like the EVAP vent solenoid seft test upon start up.
There are tons of threads here about this because this question gets asked a lot.
:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts