Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been a cold, cold winter....

About 3-4 weeks ago I went up to Newark to watch my Eagles advance to the playoffs with a win over the Cowboys. I ended up staying the night at my friend's apartment, which is located downtown. I've stayed their multiple times since September, and I always had the feeling that when i wake up in the morning my wheels would be gone, even though this is a relatively "safe" area compared to the rest of Newark. People thought I was paranoid, but I know Newark (I mean it is home to the movie New Jersey Drive) and these muta****as are ruthless. Well... when I went out to get my car the next morning, it was sitting on bricks. :rant:

But finally after a long month of no G8, and a V6 Camaro rental :embarrassed:... My car is back!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
That really sucks!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hell yea... just ordered some McGard ones today. Looking to upgrade to a Viper car alarm system as well. And not going to be visiting Newark as much.
:thumbsup:
Wheel locks are a must for me. I've run them on every car I've owned. I figure they're cheap insurance. They may not necessarily stop someone from stealing your wheels if they REALLY want them, but it'll make most people move on to an easier target.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 who cares about the covers, get some locks. or, to really piss people off, get 5 different sets of locks. That'll show those ****ers!!!

ahhh I like that idea... hopefully they don't tow and take the whole car, due to the frustration. lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always a concern for me ever since i swapped over to my camaro wheels. thank god for insurance.
I thought the GT wheels weren't that sought after, guess any wheel is vulnerable in that city. And yea insurance was a savior, total quote was $9K....

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
yessir

I thought the GT wheels weren't that sought after, guess any wheel is vulnerable in that city. And yea insurance was a savior, total quote was $9K....
Yeah i had my insurance come out to appraise and document my camaro wheels the figure was ridiculous. front wheel no sensors or center cap $748 rear wheel $836 no clue where they got their numbers, but im glad i did it. Now i know im covered if anything happens. My friends car was torched by some scumbag cause he couldnt steal the wheels. Witnesses who called the cops saw the whole thing go down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i had my insurance come out to appraise and document my camaro wheels the figure was ridiculous. front wheel no sensors or center cap $748 rear wheel $836 no clue where they got their numbers, but im glad i did it. Now i know im covered if anything happens. My friends car was torched by some scumbag cause he couldnt steal the wheels. Witnesses who called the cops saw the whole thing go down.
The GT wheels were $1000 a piece, $4K for a set of stock wheels is insane to me, and that was without the tires and sensors.

Torched... That **** musta been crazy.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I've always wondered about stealing rims. I mean logistically that isn't as simple as smashing a window and grabbing a GPS from the roof.

·
female, no 'bro'
294 Posts
they can steal mine! i have the double spoke ones. hate them. sucks to see a car on bricks though :(

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
not sure what those retards are going to do with those wheels. it don't fit many cars I guess they didn't know its a 5x120 its not going to fit on their banged up accords.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Man that's sickening to see. I hope they catch those bastards. Did the underside get damaged when the towing company dragged it onto their rollback?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Man that's sickening to see. I hope they catch those bastards. Did the underside get damaged when the towing company dragged it onto their rollback?
I doubt they will be caught. But the under body was fine. We put wooden blocks on each rotor and moved it gingerly onto the bed. The muffler tips scraped the ground for a second, but that was it. I shoulda bought some spares to get it towed properly; but we nig rigged it and got the job done.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
not sure what those retards are going to do with those wheels. it don't fit many cars I guess they didn't know its a 5x120 its not going to fit on their banged up accords.

They're probably on craigslist already.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts
my biggest fear is having my wheels jacked

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
wheel locks blow !!! if they want um they will get them either way , gun to your head , or completely damaged wheels that are no good to anyone

sucks for anyone to go through this !! low life scum out there !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts