Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Novice User
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sometime now I have been repeatedly getting a P0171 and P0174 codes running lean conditions there is no leaks that I have been able to trace down then I started getting a cylinder eight misfire replaced all the plugs and cylinder eight ignition coil. Cleaned the MAF bought two new oxygen sensors haven’t installed yet but I found a forum article posted by yosickdbs. That basically describes what im experiencing now but says nothing about the codes I’ve been experiencing but i need help with this one. Car has 157k its the GT trim automatic with 3.27 gear swag and vararam intake and mild tune from some local dyno shop basically yosickdbs post describes my situation of terrible mpg like 5 mpg in my case and yes i reset and let neg cable off battery etc but if i go WOT my cars rpms will go up to about 5200 and wont shift or move . I can gradually build up speed but WOT nothing happens.

·
Novice User
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The article I posted in the first couple sentences describes what I’m experiencing I know it’s a long post by the user so I’m sorry. I also have pictures of my STFT and LTFT and O2 sensor voltage from a maxidas scanner system I have

·
Novice User
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now iflve just gotten a P0449 along with p0171and p0172and p0174and p0300 and p0449 someone please ****ing help

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Remove the cats, check them. Codes don’t verify, your eyes do. Scan only check readings. They can’t diagnose a cat melt down any more than a broken valve spring , worn cam , or a bad piston or bearing. These are “hard parts” and require an old fashioned diagnosis.

·
Novice User
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll be pulling the cats off the header tomorrow but why the continuing p0449 evap solenoid code. Clearing it only has it pop up again. I have an advanced scan tool if that helps pin point. Literally if i floor the car it will build rpm but not shift or build power unless i gradually build slowly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts