Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hey Marauder -- What's up?

Thinking it will be soon that we'll have to put together another gathering. Will most likely be south -- Castle Rock/Springs area.

Take it easy -- Hope all is going well -- keep us updated on the family!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
the heck with the family!! did u ever get that T/A?? PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah I didn't get the T/A. Needed way more work in the interior than I have the time/money to do. Oh well there will be others I hope. Family is good, Carrie is ready to not be pregnant anymore. We have a soccer game in the Springs tomorrow. I will wave as I fly through Castle Rock!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Too bad on the T/A -- our '01 convert is for sale...I know, a bit different -- oh well, you can't blame me for trying.

Glad everyone is well -- I completely understand the not wanting to be pregnant anymore feeling...

As you're going to the Springs, We'll be heading toward Windsor for a baseball game...Good Luck! See ya all soon -- be looking for an e-mail regarding the racing season. Should be coming soon!

·
Registered
91 Posts
What's new?...Just put on my summer wheels/tires...and of course it's now going to snow...what the hell

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Was thinkin' the same thing today to Tony...had the 19"s ready to go and then I checked the weather channel...I think I'll give mother nature a few more weeks before I roll on the summers again

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah...well...since we haven't been getting any snow I figured what the hell..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am greatful for my all weather RSAs, they aren't the stickiest tires in the world, but they get the job done in the snow.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well it should be all good int time for ya commute tomorrow...i got snows, takes a whole lot more snow for me to get worried...I'm thinking 1 Apr I got to summers...and steal the wife's truck for any late spring blizzards

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am just glad that one day of the weekend was nice. Took the GXP out, it took the trip to Winsor. Saw 105 on the speed-o & the kiddos in the back didn't even flinch -- Man, I love that car.

So much that I went to Johnson Auto Plaza in the afternoon to inquire about the G8 they have on the lot. Got there & had to laugh at the sales folks... Albeit the car is still new, only 91 miles on the Odometer -- thay are asking $26,995 and it's the V6 version.

Needless to say, not what I wanted, so I test drove the 2010 Camaro SS2 instead. It's nice, but not for a family. Especially one with a teenager....there was no room in the back seat AT ALL.

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
Needless to say, not what I wanted, so I test drove the 2010 Camaro SS2 instead. It's nice, but not for a family. Especially one with a teenager....there was no room in the back seat AT ALL.
I would think that would be a bonus. :
)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would think that would be a bonus. :
)
You're too funny Tweaky! Very true though! But, if we didn't want the kids, we'd get a Z06. Johnson has a black one on the lot, and they said they'd take $15,000 off...But I passed.

I want another G8, a PSM or IOM GT. They are roomy & have plenty of power.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My folks helped me get an 81 Firebird for my first car since it didn't have much of a backseat.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My folks helped me get an 81 Firebird for my first car since it didn't have much of a backseat.
Good thinking -- My son turns 15 on April 1st & we are looking for the 1st Daily Driver. (he already has a '70 Monte Carlo, but wont be driving it everyday). I like that no room for passangers thought....We'll see.

See y'all soon -- possibly tomorrow...Racing club meeting. If you want more info, PM me.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Get him a smart car........a crappy geo metro or storm or an even crappier dodge colt...hell he'll never wanna drive then!!!

Now sneakin' off to be with his friends in their way cool cars will be big problems for ya...

I got a 2000 olds minivan that needs a lil work for sale...be a sweet ride for him...no street racing that sucker

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks for the advice....He's on spring break next week, so we are gona take him to a driver's ed class.

Man, I feel old. It ain't right when your first born starts to drive...I thought enrolling him in high schoold was hard...

Geez, what's next....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Both my kids (son/daughter) got driver training like I did... We ran the wheels off the car(s) through the learner's permit months. Literally like 5K miles. Cross country, downtown city, mountains, snow storms. Sliding/spinning/brake thresholding practice on dirt and pavement parking lots. The only thing that makes a skilled driver is seat time. Both followed in Dad's footsteps with high performance cars from the gitgo. First cars were son with a modified turbo Daytona and daughter with a Turbo/AWD Eclipse.

My son is now 26 and a talented SCCA racer, my daughter is 25. Both love to drive and neither has ever had an accident and neither will own a car with an automatic.

Hit the road!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Both my kids (son/daughter) got driver training like I did... We ran the wheels off the car(s) through the learner's permit months. Literally like 5K miles. Cross country, downtown city, mountains, snow storms. Sliding/spinning/brake thresholding practice on dirt and pavement parking lots. The only thing that makes a skilled driver is seat time. Both followed in Dad's footsteps with high performance cars from the gitgo. First cars were son with a modified turbo Daytona and daughter with a Turbo/AWD Eclipse.

My son is now 26 and a talented SCCA racer, my daughter is 25. Both love to drive and neither has ever had an accident and neither will own a car with an automatic.

Hit the road!
Too cool. I hope we have the same luck. We are a 1/4 mile track family. Spend quite a bit of time at Bandimere. He talks a big talk, we'll see in a year if he can walk the walk.

He wants to follow in Dad's footsteps -- Grand Prix GTP -- 3800 supercharged. We'll have to see. He is thinking of selling the '70 Monte Carlo, and buying at GTP. Again, we'll see....Come Friday (barring he passes all the tests at the Driver's Ed class -- so much for spring break!!), I am sure I will have lots of time in the passanger's seat. Still makes me feel old -- nervous, and old!!! Wish us luck!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts