Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving home from the grocery store picking up a few things and right next to me was a confused Copper colored mustang with a roush front end, saleen deck lid and cobra rear bumper. Looking at the car with my jaw down because im just baffled he see's me and smirks and rev's it sounds like a stock gt with a pep boys muffler on it no growl nothing. So I kind of chuckle and he's clearly not happy and says lets go so I agree. As soon as the light turns green I let him take it and give him a little happiness then I floor it, break traction and gone I pull on him so hard in 2nd gear he pulled a U-turn and went the other way.

Well the Fusion sport... (still don't know why I wasted my gas on that) He was revving at a light on my way to work passing people as fast as he could (Its an undivided highway) I'm in a rush because I always wake up late lol so we end up next to each other at the next light he starts revving again and I do the same and as soon as the light turns green we go...before we even leave the intersection im in front and just gone after that.

Not really much of a story but yeah lol.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Pics would help too.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Of a Fusion sport mustang with a roush front end, saleen deck lid and cobra rear bumper? Oh no, pics don't exist of that very rare monster. They're almost extinct. ;)

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Nice . Sometimes you just gotta bring them back to reality

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be too early in the morning but its two different cars and the Mustang looked like it was put together with bubble gum and duct tape thats the usual mustang around where I live and the Fusion just had oversized rims.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
New Fusions are hot LOOKING, but that definitely doesn't make them hot PERFORMING LOL! Good kills, OP.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New Fusions are hot LOOKING, but that definitely doesn't make them hot PERFORMING LOL! Good kills, OP.
It wasnt even the aston martin looking one it was the previous model.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
It might be too early in the morning but its two different cars and the Mustang looked like it was put together with bubble gum and duct tape thats the usual mustang around where I live and the Fusion just had oversized rims.
Oh! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
845 Posts
ive always thought they hijacked the front end from Aston Martin
I was told that one of designers for the new fusion was a previous head hancho @ Aston Martin. Not sure if this is true, but it would explain the front end

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Car RamRod
1,795 Posts
Street racing is usually about who has the balls to stay in it longer...
to illustrate my point, a story:

I'm not a fan of posting kills but this applies since it was a "on the way to work" thing: Yesterday a guy in a yukon is in front of me on the way home. We work at the same place, but I have no idea who he is. we leave work at the same time. He is providing a very quick pace, almost 3 digits for the first 20 miles of back roads (60mph limit). I pass him about a mile from the only 4 way stop in the 55 mile journey - mostly just to show him that there is real power at play here. As I roll to a stop I get the idea to f*** with him a little - switch off TCS, mode shift lever to "manual" and commence a HUGE TOP FUEL burnout...all the way to the top of 3rd gear. The smoke was even starting to get to me - and my windows were up! He remained at the stop for 15 seconds or so as I accellerated out of sight.

He must not have took offense, as this morning as I pulled into the parking lot, I got a wave. There is no denying the power when you leave them breathing rubber smoke.

That reminds me...I need to shop for 2 new tires.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Street racing is usually about who has the balls to stay in it longer...
to illustrate my point, a story:

I'm not a fan of posting kills but this applies since it was a "on the way to work" thing: Yesterday a guy in a yukon is in front of me on the way home. We work at the same place, but I have no idea who he is. we leave work at the same time. He is providing a very quick pace, almost 3 digits for the first 20 miles of back roads (60mph limit). I pass him about a mile from the only 4 way stop in the 55 mile journey - mostly just to show him that there is real power at play here. As I roll to a stop I get the idea to f*** with him a little - switch off TCS, mode shift lever to "manual" and commence a HUGE TOP FUEL burnout...all the way to the top of 3rd gear. The smoke was even starting to get to me - and my windows were up! He remained at the stop for 15 seconds or so as I accellerated out of sight.

He must not have took offense, as this morning as I pulled into the parking lot, I got a wave. There is no denying the power when you leave them breathing rubber smoke.

That reminds me...I need to shop for 2 new tires.
Lol, awesome.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Similar experience yesterday...older Mustang GT (nice shape tho) and older Supra turbo. I shouldn't have wasted the gas, but the late-night streets were empty, aaaand... they both dropped the hammer first. I didn't even bother with 1st gear. By the top of 2nd, it was clear to them what was up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts