Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old ELM327. Just checked and looks like I bought it on Amazon in 2012. The email receipt I have says "Soliport ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner". It's orange and blue. Oh, looks like this: https://thebestwirelessbarcodereaderscanner.blogspot.com/2011/12/10-60-off-soliport-elm-327-bluetooth.html. It has never worked with my car. I plug it in, the lights all flash, then just the red one stays on. I turn the car on, it runs for a second or two, then idles rough, then shuts down. I then get a "Contact dealer" message on the DIC. I start it up and now I get a check engine light, and ESS OFF (stability control) message. I'm assuming the lights will clear themselves... (right?).. but wtf. Why does this thing not work? I have a 2009 G8 GT...

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
The ELM327 on-board diagnostic tool is somehow interfering with the operation/communication of the CAN bUS (CANBUS) system. Might be the computer doesn't not recognize it and simply goes haywire. Plugging vehicle monitoring gadgets into the on-board diagnostic port has caused a variety of issues for other members. Perchance the tool is better suited or compatible with a different vehicle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts