Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting kind of sick of having to store my g8 and drive my old truck and I am debating on selling my 09 PSM GT and getting an all year car.

09 Pacific Slate Metallic
59k (mostly highway as I drive 40 miles to work round trip)
Stored Winters
Always Garaged (except first month I owned it)
Premium and Sport Package
Have stock 19's and current setup of Camaro 20's with like new tires.
Sharkfin
Solo Axlebacks with 3.5 tips.
GXP diffuser

Never been in accident except the front fascia was replaced due to being dinged in a parking lot.

What should I sell it for both stock and with rims / exhaust.

NADA says $20,650

I'm thinking of trading for a '12 CTS AWD 3.6 or a 2011 A6 Quattro.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Id see how much of a trade you could get on the audi.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Id see how much of a trade you could get on the audi.
Dealer trade = rape.

I'd ask the nada + maybe 500 bucks. Since yours is in good condition, a clean PSM Car should fetch asking.

Worst case scenario you come off that last 500 for a quick sale.

Glws.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Geez, get a set of performance snow tires and wheels and drive it in winter. My brother lived in Michgan and then moved to Minnesota and drove the G8 all year round. He had Dunlop performace snow tires on all 4 wheels. C'mon, back in the 60s people drove RWD cars in the snow, with just snow tires on the back. Amazed no one seems to know snow tires exist anymore and waste money and gas on 4wd. No reason to do this. I live in NJ and have driven my g8 in snow with just Continental DSW all seasons, so if you buy real snow tires, you will be fine.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Geez, get a set of performance snow tires and wheels and drive it in winter. My brother lived in Michgan and then moved to Minnesota and drove the G8 all year round. He had Dunlop performace snow tires on all 4 wheels. C'mon, back in the 60s people drove RWD cars in the snow, with just snow tires on the back. Amazed no one seems to know snow tires exist anymore and waste money and gas on 4wd. No reason to do this. I live in NJ and have driven my g8 in snow with just Continental DSW all seasons, so if you buy real snow tires, you will be fine.

I always felt the same way. Moreover, how many days out of 365 does it snow? Using this as justification of getting rid of a RWD vehicle baffles me. And 4WD or not, other folks present a danger regardless of what you're driving. Ideally, just stay off the darn roads if you can anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in Calgary Alberta, I grew up driving a 93 Thunderbird in the snow. The g8 is easy to drive in the winter with snow tires. The only reason I don't like driving it in the winter is the salt and all the inevitable rock chips from the gravel on the road here and that would be the only reason to store it to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I had my G8, I put winter tires on it, and it was decent. Not great, but able to drive all year. I say keep it and sell the truck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I live in Ottawa Canada and this will be my first winter with the G8 its my year round car and so far so good, forgot how fun rear wheel is in the winter

Put a good set of winters on it and no complaints

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm getting kind of sick of having to store my g8 and drive my old truck and I am debating on selling my 09 PSM GT and getting an all year car.

09 Pacific Slate Metallic
59k (mostly highway as I drive 40 miles to work round trip)
Stored Winters
Always Garaged (except first month I owned it)
Premium and Sport Package
Have stock 19's and current setup of Camaro 20's with like new tires.
Sharkfin
Solo Axlebacks with 3.5 tips.
GXP diffuser

Never been in accident except the front fascia was replaced due to being dinged in a parking lot.

What should I sell it for both stock and with rims / exhaust.

NADA says $20,650

I'm thinking of trading for a '12 CTS AWD 3.6 or a 2011 A6 Quattro.
Living in NY, I'm having the same issues with not using my G8 when the weather gets bad. I was also thinking of getting a used CTS coupe awd.

·
Registered
358 Posts
When I had my G8, I put winter tires on it, and it was decent. Not great, but able to drive all year. I say keep it and sell the truck!
Agreed...This is my second terrible winter with the stock RSA's. I love this car in the snow. People need to realize that they will never be "investment" type vehicles. So why store it. Have fun and drive it like you stole it. :driving:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agreed...This is my second terrible winter with the stock RSA's. I love this car in the snow. People need to realize that they will never be "investment" type vehicles. So why store it. Have fun and drive it like you stole it. :driving:
I don't agree. I believe, at least the v8 versions, they will be collectables as long as they're not beat up. Looking at some classic and muscle car sites, I see the price of a G8 is hold up very well. And at least for now, a more affordable option vs the Chevy SS. And better looking, too.
I agree to some extent to have fun and drive it if you like, but, that one guy who bought, say, a Duster new and put it away only to find it's worth 4 times more than what he paid for it, is something to think about. I remember the Duster as a nice inexpensive muscle car that was something to be driven then and not saved. You never know.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I don't agree. I believe, at least the v8 versions, they will be collectables as long as they're not beat up. Looking at some classic and muscle car sites, I see the price of a G8 is hold up very well. And at least for now, a more affordable option vs the Chevy SS. And better looking, too.
I agree to some extent to have fun and drive it if you like, but, that one guy who bought, say, a Duster new and put it away only to find it's worth 4 times more than what he paid for it, is something to think about. I remember the Duster as a nice inexpensive muscle car that was something to be driven then and not saved. You never know.
Yeah, maybe if you pass your car down to your grandson's grandson in mint condition with 900 miles on it. It will cross the block at Barrett-Jackson for $35,000 including the 10% consignment fee... I bought mine for $21,000 certified used two years ago. That includes a $1500 major guard warranty. I see them on ebay going for 15k now. They are nice cars. Otherwise I wouldn't own one. But collectible, very few 4 doors are. Good luck if you decide to sell. Don't trade it in though, they'll kill you on it. Give you 13k at best.

·
Registered
70 Posts
our cars are still worth good money on trade and you can still get value of the tax..i was offered 12k for mine with 105k on the clock

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
13 Participants
spunkie202
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing