Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So does the back seat fold down for trunk access?

I'm assuming that this car will keep dual power front seats being in the class that it is?

·
Registered
50 Posts

I'm assuming that this car will keep dual power front seats being in the class that it is?
Not sure about the back seats but I saw the power controls for the front seat in some pictures. They looked exactly like the controls for GTO power seats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the back seats but I saw the power controls for the front seat in some pictures. They looked exactly like the controls for GTO power seats.

The power is a plus, I remember when I first got my '97 Grand Prix GT and asked about a power passenger seat at the junk yard...they looked at me really funny and said they hadn't seen those.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Commodores have a ski hatch only (centre of back seat). All Commodores have some power adjustment, but base models have manual fore & aft adjustment

·
Registered
218 Posts
Power rear seats?

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the back seat would fold down (so a dog or two could go back there), I would trade in my wife's Explorer in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If I remember right, part of the gas tank is wedged between the seat and trunk, from looking at the VE shots from the assembly line. So they can't make it a fold down seat, same reason why mnay BMW's and Benz' don't have fold flat seats.

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
If I remember right, part of the gas tank is wedged between the seat and trunk, from looking at the VE shots from the assembly line. So they can't make it a fold down seat, same reason why mnay BMW's and Benz' don't have fold flat seats.
And do many BMW & Benz owners gripe about that? Not that I've ever heard.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I dont know about that, the petrol tank is under the rear seats. There is an optional LPG tank behind the rear seats in the boot.. The reason the rear seats dont fold down I read is to improve rigidity.

Looking in the boot of a standard VE- the boot is very long making me think there isnt anything significant behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it will be nice just to have a REAL trunk(boot) again !!

G

·
0 Posts
A real trunk is going to be nice... Having only a hatch gets old after a while. :bunny:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts