Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey G8 V6ers, I'm having an issue with significant coolant lost but there is no evidence of a leak from the engine bay or the undercarriage. I'm at lost as too what to look for or if I should remove the bumper and see if I find the leak. Has anyone experienced this issue before? Please reply for suggestions or possible issues. Thank you. :judge:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Mine had the same issue, never found a drop of coolant anywhere, but every so often you could smell coolant. Mine turned out to be one of the heater hoses on the right rear of the engine bay rubbing against the valve cover. Rubbed right through the sheathing causing hole in the line. New hose was $27 and has been re-routed off the valve cover. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had a faulty water pump that was causing a leak

·
Registered
316 Posts
Check your oil. A failed water pump seal under the timing cover can piss the coolant into the oil pan.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
OGOC MEMBER
320 Posts
Check your oil. A failed water pump seal under the timing cover can piss the coolant into the oil pan.

X2 , definitely check your oil, Has it run hot recently. Other than what others have mentioned. Most coolant will burn off the tops of pistons if the head gasket is failing. Hope this isn't the case. Have a good looksee at the dipstick and under the oil fill cap along with the rad cap .
Hope this helps
Cheers
Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts