Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently, I have Magnaflow and they're a little too tame for me. I was wanting to know if Corsa is a little bit louder? I know SLP and Solo are louder, but that's probably going to be too extreme for me once I get a cam. Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I love me my Corsa. It's about the perfect volume for me and no drone, of course.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I can't say for certain, but I would assume so. It's definitely one of the louder cat backs.

·
Registered
989 Posts
And people often seem to complain about it being too loud catless with LT's. Can't say I hear that much about Magnaflows.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Work on making the car faster, not louder. Let the sound be a byproduct of the engine mods. Once you do heads, cam and headers, see where you are sound wise and then change mufflers if you want.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Work on making the car faster, not louder. Let the sound be a byproduct of the engine mods. Once you do heads, cam and headers, see where you are sound wise and then change mufflers if you want.
That's great advice, but it'll be around 2 years or longer before I think about a cam. When the cam does come along and it's too loud with whatever I have, I'll just stick the Magnaflows back on.

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I can't say corsa is louder but it is definately a different tone. Magnaflow is more of a deep rumble. The corsa is a higher pitch and sounds very different than the traditional muscle car sound. I love the corsa and get many compliments all the time. It effin screams on wot.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
https://youtu.be/x9Nei4E75Vk

http://vid1178.photobucket.com/albums/x373/jtirwin27/Mobile Uploads/20150520_181930.mp4

this is mine with cam, long tubes, and magnaflows. Its "quite" at idle but screams when wide open. Its a good balance for me. long rides its comfortable. I had Solos before and it was extremely loud. I couldn't hear myself think in the car let alone carry on a conversation
It sounds good, but kind of quiet with a cam. I know I can't actually go by a video. But I think I'm going to have to look at some axle-backs.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't say corsa is louder but it is definately a different tone. Magnaflow is more of a deep rumble. The corsa is a higher pitch and sounds very different than the traditional muscle car sound. I love the corsa and get many compliments all the time. It effin screams on wot.
This explains why Corsa is a little bit louder {the higher pitch}. I noticed on Youtube, all Corsa vids are louder than all Magnaflow vids. Thanks, this helped me out a lot.

·
Registered
103 Posts

I will second this. I had Magnaflow before my Corsa and I'm glad I made the switch. I have a Livernois 2c cam with a 4k converter and anything under WOT is quieter than Magnaflow. However under WOT it absolutely screams, and has a very distinctive tone. Not to mention ZERO drone around town or on highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts