Gear ratio - stock
Shift Points -
1-2 shift: + 2mph/200rpm
2-3 shift: stock
3-4 shift: stock
Fan Temp - stock
AFM/DOD - disabled
Shift Torque - 25% Superchips

I set it up like this based on everything I could gather from scouring the forums as the best performing tune for a stock GT.

My question: Do you guys think that I would gain more power by installing the 93 tune with the same parameters as above? Again, I am stock.

Thanks for any input:driving:

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
You won't be able to tell.

If you have any delay on the 1-2 shift, lower it back to 1mph/100rmps or stock.

I have the first shift set at stock, the others raised.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, ok good to know, thanks!

The shifting is outstanding at each shift so far. And this impression is just from one 30-min traffic filled commute without any wot pulls. Of course this is compared to my feel of the stock shifting so any improvement will feel like night/day difference heh.

I've actually mirrored my 91 tune based a large part on your's SRG:) At least your's from 2009-10 haha.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sorry for reviving a old thread, but instead of starting a new one, I'd just ask here. Ryan09, can you tell a difference with the Cortex tune on stock? I'm thinking about a Cortex tuner and Rotofab CAI, but everything else would remain stock. I'd love the sound of a Procharger or LSA under the hood, but I definitely can't afford all that. I won't be racing or pounding on it either. Worth it or no?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, absolutely! My car is completely stock other than the Cortex and it performs like a completely different G8 now, thanks to the tune. The transmission tune alone is worth it, but I definitely can feel more power as well. The car just continues to pull in the upper RPMs in every gear where it didn't before.

From what I've read, the cortex plus Rotofab (and the Rotofab-specific tune) should net you around 20-25 rwhp, which is absolutely noticeable.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

Just purchased and installed the Roto-Fab intake and the Roto-fab 91 tune. LOVE it! Even more increased performance over the standard Cortex 91 tune:driving:

For those that have tried both the 93 Roto-fab tune and the 91 Roto-fab tune, should I bump up to the 93? Will I notice even better performance? I always use Shell 93 octane.

Thanks!

·
Registered
702 Posts
^^^+1^^^ I have the same exact question. I just installed my Rotofab yesterday and flashed it with the Rotofab 93 tune since I can get 93 right down the road. My concern is if I'm out of town and need gas and can only find 91. I was thinking I might switch it to the 91 tune. Thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts