Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's tons of threads over this as I have searched but haven't read about this.

I loaded it all up on the computer and returned my car to the stock tune and when I finally got to the online store the intake and exhaust tab only has two options and they both say free but they say remove cai tune and the other one spells it out remove cold air intake tune! I put them both in my cart and checked out but when I unplugged it and plugged it back in they were still there.

Why am I not getting the option to get the vararam tune??

I just bought a vararam and wanted to install it tonight but this cortex tuning stuff is frustrating the crap out of me!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think you have to tune the car (dont return to stock), plug in the cortex to your computer, then the options should be there to purchase the additional tunes. Im 99% sure this is how I had to do mine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think you have to tune the car (dont return to stock), plug in the cortex to your computer, then the options should be there to purchase the additional tunes. Im 99% sure this is how I had to do mine.
This is correct. Tune the car with any of the base tunes then plug back into the computer and the CAI tunes will be available for purchase.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Echo....echo....echo....echo....echo....echo....

The cortex is capable of tuning thousands of different vehicles, some have added CAI tunes, some don't. It needs to know what car is being tuned in order for it to offer car specific added CAI tunes....echo....echo....echo....echo :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts