Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the cortex can have the stock files erased? Or the memory flashed or something? I had my car tcm "updated" or so they say and my cortex did not download new files. And ****e up the shift from 2-3. Before i retunwd it i took to dealer and they "updated" it. And everything was smooth. I think they just did fast learn on the tech II's or the update had same file name and the cortex saw this and "overrode" it. I don't know but I can say that I don't see a rpm surge when hitting 3rd although it feel funny and awkward shifting into the gear. Like a jerk into gear or rolling
Any help is always appreciated n thanks in advance

Basically I want to have my car reflashed to updated tcm and have the smooth non awkward 2-3 back and then tune again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I've actually been having this shifting issue before the tune. Only 2-3 is awkward. All other shifts are fine. I tuned it and it just emphasizes the problem with lowered tm. So I've been usually just been tuning the engine and leaving the tranny stock settings and still has a awkward 2-3 shift. So right now is stock. The dealer did something that made it go away but I waited a week then tuned it and it is back to shifting awkwardly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts