Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a dyno tune. I want to return my cortex to stock so I can sell it. What steps to I take. Is there a limit to how many times it can be used to tune different G8.

Sent from my Inspire using Autoguide.com

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
If you return your car to stock, then it removes the vinlock since you're not technically using the product anymore. Then you can sell it no problem to another user. No limit on how many times the superchips is used to program cars.

Let me know when you meet the for sale section requirements (pictures of the actual unit for sale) and I'll approve your thread.

--zep

·
Registered
133 Posts
zepcom summed it up nicely, but just something to add: Your VIN will still show up on the tuner even after returning to the stock tune. Not a big deal as it will change when the next person uses it, just a FYI as it sometimes confuses people. Regardless, as long as it shows the tune is stock it's unlocked.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Question about this thread what if you left the tune on and didn't remove it. How would I remove the Vin lock? I forgot to place the tuner to stock when I sold my truck.

·
Registered
678 Posts
One more thing to add. I bought the Roto-Fab 93 Tune for mine. When you sell, the Preloaded tunes are the only thing transferred. The next person has to pay the $3-4 for the CAI tune. It locks it to the VIN so it is not transferable. Not a big deal at all, however you see people selling used tuners saying they come with a certain CAI when they do not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts